Update on me and pups

TeeUK

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just thought I would give you an update on things....been so busy looking after pups not had much time to grieve......a good thing I think?

I am still bleeding...how long does it last after a d&c? Boobs have stopped hurting as much thank goodness. Mentally I am coping as long as I don't dwell on it too much

Little Rosie has picked up, she is so strong now but her sugar level still drop a lot so I have to give her sugar water every couple hours...she is the smallest 3 week old pup I think I have ever seen and it is so strange to see her walking...although when her sugar levels drops it is like she is drunk and stumbles everywhere poor thing. It very common in toy breeds like chihuahuas so maybe it's because she is so tiny. Her eyes are open too and she like to play and gives a tiny little bark that sounds like a mouse squeaking....so cute.

She is also lapping up her baby rice and seems to have put weight on. I am hoping she is out of danger for now but with prem babies you can never be sure...fingers crossed for her.

Sadly just as we were starting to relax and breathe after being so worried about Rosie I noticed another pup Jessie didn't look quite right.....her back legs are splayed. I examined them and they feel like jelly, really floppy and pop out of joints when you move them....it's the strangest thing. I did a lot of research and it could be swimmer puppy syndrome, although it could also be a lot of other things.

I am taking her to vet Monday to see if they can find out what it is....fingers crossed it fixable otherwise poor little girl will have to have a doggykart (wheels on back legs) it won't be easy finding a home for her if that happens. There is no way I would put her to sleep unless she was in agony and there was no other option. I wish I could keep her and Rosie myself but we already have 3 dogs and boyfriend said no way.....I keep them all if I could!

I will keep you all updated xxx

Last edited:
Aaw glad little Rosie is doing well and hope Jessie is ok and it's nothing too serious. Glad they are keeping you busy and helping you through :hugs: xx

lovely to hear that the pups are doing well hun and hopefully Jessie's problem isnt too serious and can be easily rectified, they deffo sound like they are keeping you on your toes which i guess can only be a good thing for now, just make sure you look after your self as well as those gorgeous little pups :) xxx

Glad Rosie is looking up , shame about Jessie i hope its not bad news x x x

Thanks for the update Tee - you are doing an amazing job sweetie!

Keep us posted and I hope all the little pups remain well

xxxxxxxxx

Went to vets this week poor little Jessie may need an operation to stitch her hips in place, it looks like Bella might have stepped on her when she was born and dislocated them.

Rosie is getting bigger and bigger and has such a feisty cute personality...The three boys are doing great!......here are some pics :)

Rosie
rosie3wks6days9.jpg

Rosie and Luigi
luigiandrosie3wks6days1.jpg

Luigi
luigi3wks6days11.jpg

Jimmy
jimmy3wks6days5.jpg

Jessie
jessie3wks6days3.jpg

Casper
casper3wks6days18.jpg

Aww Tee they are super cute :) hope Jessie's op goes ok if she has to have one bless her! xx

They are beautiful Tee and you are doing such a good job - fingers crossed for little Jessie! I think she is possibly the sweetest (although how do you choose?)

xxxxxxxxx

They are beautiful Tee and you are doing such a good job - fingers crossed for little Jessie! I think she is possibly the sweetest (although how do you choose?)

xxxxxxxxx

I thought after having a litter last year it would get easier but the thought of my babies leaving is gut wrenching don't think I want to have any more....it's so difficult to choose a favourite as they are all special in different ways....

Luigi is strong and vocal and demands attention, loves to play and bite and when he is sleepy he loves cuddles

Jimmy is super handsome and a little fighter, loves to chew on your fingers and growl at you, but also loves to kiss your chin and cuddle

Casper is so very loving and howls like a wolf when he wants to be picked up and just loves to fall asleep cuddled into you, he loves his sleep!

Rosie being tiny melts everyone's heart, her personality is so much bigger than her size. She loves to run fast but falls into a roll over which is so cute. She sits and cries for her baby rice when she is hungry and sounds like a little mouse when she barks, very loving and cuddly too....she is my baby

Jessie despite her disability tries so very hard to keep up with her brothers and sister, she cries a lot out of frustration I think. She is not a cuddly dog unless she wants to be...it's like she is two different dogs...one hand cuddly likes to be tickled...another hand distant and cries a lot...but such a special little girl...

I just don't know how I am going to part with them!

Awww bless - that is why I could never breed though - I'd have to keep the lot of them!

Do you have any homes lined up yet?

Are you def going to keep one of them?

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27