Update - I am going to be induced !

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Beatlesfan, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

I went in for an ante natal appt. today (5 days overdue) and the Doc offered me an induction (is that the right term? Sounds like prep for a new job!!) on Friday night. I jumped at the chance. She then said she could do a sweep today again i said yes... just want this bubba out now!! But on checking my cervix, she said although it was soft, it was closed so she couldn;t get to do the sweep.

Since then I have been bleeding, not huge amounts but enough to wear a pad. She said this was normal and was the mucus plug. Is this the same as a show? I get ever so confused about what is what - my SIL said the show is not the same as the mucus plug and spotting is different too. very confused now.

I have had some mild pain/discomfort also today since bleeding - like period pain, backache and some gripey sort of pains in my lower uterine region. Maybe the Dr's rummaging today kick started something? Maybe not. Anyway I am chuffed to bits about getting a date for induction as I didn't want to go into next week. having said all that if there is no bed available, they will canx my appt. as I will only be 8 days overdue and if other women are in established labour, they will be prioritised, which is fair enough.

Fingers crossed baby will come either before that or my induction will go ahead. i am excited that "we" will be "3" by ealry next week (hopefully!)

BF x

2. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

Your show is the same as your mucous plug.

Sounds promising if you have crampy feelings and things- how are you today? :pray:

3. girlygirl

girlygirl Well-Known Member

yeah it all sounds good, hope its on its way :cheer:

4. annem

annem Well-Known Member

5. purple13

purple13 Well-Known Member

how are you doing today?

xxx

6. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

7. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

I am feeling much the same, probably less discomfort. I slept well when I did sleep but moving to get out of vbed for loo was agony.

Today I have a backache (a kind of nagging one in lower back) and getting up is painful. But no other signs at all, apart from mild period pain from time to time again. I am not holding out hope that anything will happen before Friday - that is my next milestone.

Baby is moving a little bit periodically. I have noticed I am sooo hungry and have been for last week. possibly stocking up on calories ready for labour??

BF x

8. NIE

NIE Well-Known Member

Good Luck babes. xxx