UPDATE: chemical :( BFN first thing this morning then THIS with smu - don't know...

Thanks everyone. Glad to see that I might hopefully bleed like a normal AF, hopefully in next couple of days. Just want to put this chapter behind us. DH wants a break for a while. I kinda do too as it's so draining but I also want to make it better ASAP. We'll see I guess.

Thanks again. XXX

So sorry to hear this hun, look after yourself xxx

I dunno...you had stark negs, and then 2 positives. theres every single chance in the world that the test pack was faulty positives.

with my chemicals the lines stayed super super faint at 12/13dpo then the line disappeared, temp dropped out an af came. just wait another week keep temping. if no af, test once more x

Possibly - I considered that but they were from two different packs and different urine so it would be a pretty big coincidence. All my symptoms have quite suddenly disappeared today so I am pretty sure that it's all over. I will do what you said though and test again if no AF in a week.

Trying to be positive, and distract myself - I'm finding the sadness comes in waves. Gonna use the next month to get really super-duper healthy so I'm better prepared for pregnancy when it arrives and have something other than TTC to focus on. It's going to be OK :)

Sorry to hear this, hun. Big hugs xxx

Hi Hun. I am so sorry, it has turned out this way for you. It happened to me last month. I had 4 days of faint positives followed by two days of negatives followed by AF. AF was about 4 days later than I would have normally expected, but as I miscarried in April I am still trying to work out my cycle length. AF was very normal, no unusual discomfort and not heavier. Happy to answer any more questions you may have. It is now CD 14 for me, since it happened and still waiting for a positive on my ovulation tests.

Determined not to test for pregnancy early this month, as last month it just caused me so much confusion followed by disappointment and sadness. I am also extra anxious this month about ovulating and trying to get things right.

Sending you hugs xxx

I had this similar last month. But just one test faint as hell then bfn. I took it easy this month, didn't test, got no symptoms (or maybe I was determined to not symptom spot) and I was 3 days late when I tested. And here I am. Hopefully it'll stick.

It's disheartening and sad but I'd say not to test before AF to avoid being sad and dissapointed.

Good luck to you.

THanks girls. Jojo congrats on your pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you that all will be well :)

AJay do you know what day you usually ovulate? I had a massive bbt drop this morning 37.20 (sky high!) to 36.52 so I am expecting to bleed later today (which is actually when I was due on anyway). I usually ovulate about CD23 so hopefully my cycle will go back to normal fairly quickly. I am for once glad for my long cycle so we have three weeks to recuperate. DH has asked for some time off so i am hoping 3 weeks will be enough for him!

I also have vowed not to test early again. It is so heart-breaking. Things can obviously still go wrong after AF due but I think it makes it that little bit more concrete?

Fingers crossed for us all this time around xxx

Im sendong you babydust and hoping that your super sticky bean is next in line!!

Hey hun, I'm so sorry about your chemical :hugs: I had one last cycle. I got 3 bfp's and a Pregnant on a digi...two days later I began getting bfn's and I bled bang on time AF was due! It's heartbreaking! But, chemicals are unlike MC's because you can try again straight after :D I fell the next cycle after my chemical :) So, I lost and two weeks later I caught again.

Stay positive and good luck xxx

My doctor told me that you are extra fertile the cycle following a chemical. It happened to me too. My period was 9days late and bfns

I was on honeymoon before that so didnt do tests until af was due so I didnt actually have a bfp

But, next month fell again and baby is 9mnths now!

Good luck x

THanks girls. Jojo congrats on your pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you that all will be well :)

AJay do you know what day you usually ovulate? I had a massive bbt drop this morning 37.20 (sky high!) to 36.52 so I am expecting to bleed later today (which is actually when I was due on anyway). I usually ovulate about CD23 so hopefully my cycle will go back to normal fairly quickly. I am for once glad for my long cycle so we have three weeks to recuperate. DH has asked for some time off so i am hoping 3 weeks will be enough for him!

I also have vowed not to test early again. It is so heart-breaking. Things can obviously still go wrong after AF due but I think it makes it that little bit more concrete?

Fingers crossed for us all this time around xxx

Hi Hun. No, I am very confused by my cycle at the moment as I had a miscarriage in April (10 weeks) I had first AF a month after stopping bleeding. Got my chemical bfp for a few days then Af arrived slightly later than I would expect judging by my pre miscarriage cycle. I am using ov testing strips at the moment and I am waiting for my bright pink line. It is pale today on cd 15 Hopefully it is the case that heightened fertility follows a chemical. Wishing you lots of lovely baby dust for your next cycle and join me in not testing early xxx

Lynds and AngelLily - your messages have given me such hope! I really, really, really hope I can do it this cycle! Started bleeding/spotting last night - so my AF was only a day late which isn't that unusual for me anyway as I have PCOS and never quite know when she will arrive.

So do you think I will ovulate at the 'normal' time (CD23 for me) this cycle? Or will it happen earlier if I am 'extra fertile'? I really don't want to miss the window of opportunity! I guess if I use OPKs from more or less when I finish my period?? When you say you are extra fertile, did you have any extra signs - EWCM etc - or do you just think the next egg after a chemical is like 'YOU AIN'T GETTING ME THIS TIME, I AM SUPER DAMN HEALTHY AND STRONG'?

I am going to get some vit B complex as have been reading about it and how it can help the egg burrow into your womb. I did think about taking baby aspiring too but mixed reviews and as I haven't had recurrent miscarriages I think I might leave it this cycle? I don't want to do more harm than good.

AJay - I'm so sorry you are having such a confusing time and my condolences for your loss. I am DEFINITELY with you on not testing early this month. It is so so hard but I'm not sure I could take another one in a row. I would say a pale line on your OPK is def a good sign though. Have you thought about investing in the CB digi OPKs? I never seem to get a really dark line on the cheapies but I do get a smiley face on the CB and it takes out the guess work. They are bloody expensive though....

xxxxx

Hi Hun. I think I may get the cb advanced next month, if this month hasn't worked. You mention you have pcos. I had pcos on both ovaries. For a few years before conceiving my ds (4 years old) I followed a diet and lifestyle which helped completely clear the cysts. I took my guidance from a book called pcos and your fertility by Colette Harris. It is very old now prob over 10 years old. Key changes for me were limiting processed meats, limiting high fat dairy and avoiding foods packaged in plastic and stopped cooking anything in plastic cartons or covered in cling film. Bpa and phthalates affect hormones.

You seem to be having fairly regular periods and ovulating regularly though but you may find this book/ a similar one may give you some ideas for general conception health and well being. I have just pulled my copy off the shelf and I am going to look at over the next few days. I will share any pearls of wisdom. One thing they do say is that pcos causes higher levels of Lh in urine and can cause opks to give false positive readings. Not sure about the digital ones though, people seem to be getting good results using them.

Anyway Hun, look after yourself now, this will be a pretty miserable af after your chemical positives. Not that any Afs are welcome visitors to us ladies tcc. Sprinkling lots of baby dust your way for a July/Aug bfp. Remember no early testing- soooooo hard xxx

Last edited:
I fell with my chemical when I was ntnp, so I never used opks. I used them the next cycle when I conceived again and I got a positive opk on CD12! Which is rather early, so it's possible to ov early after a chemical :) Test with OPK's from CD11. I also used conceive plus on the cycle I caught too :D I'd recommend buying a tube from amazon, costs roughly £6! Worked first time after a chemical for me :)

Best of luck!! Inbox me if you want to talk or any advice :hugs: xxx

AJay - good to hear from a fellow PCOS-er. I have actually got that book somehwere but I can't say I have ever really devoted myself to the diet in it. That is amazing the results you got! I feel glad that I am ovulating now so hopefully will be lucky soon - I will keep you posted!

Angel - thanks for the tip! I already have some preseed so might give that a go this month and will start doing opks early.

DH has just agreed to give it another go this month (I think he was worried I wasn't ready/my body needs to recover) but I def def def want to! So now I am on countdown to OV!

xxxxxxx

EPO is great too from cd1 to the day you ovulate (but not after) it was my first cycle on hem and BAM :BFP:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back