Update...(and a moan)

Jessika

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to have a bit of a moan about my horrible weekend...

Woke up on Sat morning to find some bleeding - was absolutly mortified as i havent had any and thought it was too late for horrible stuff ot happen. I called my midwife who's answering machine told me she was on holiday and if it was urgent could i call the hospital - which i did. Now i cant fault the hospotal, they were great and told me to come in straight away for some tests.

After 4 hours of smear like tests, wee tests blood tests etc i was told i had a very bad kidney infection. It is the cause of all my aches and pains and headaches over the past few weeks. The hospital were even surprised that the doc and midwife didnt pick it up as there was such a large amount of white blood cells in my urine. I suppose thats why i am moaning - i thought they would have found it sooner and saved me the horrendus backache in which i have been suffering!!!

Oh well, i am all dosed up on antiboitics now and am feeling much brighter (all thought you would have never have guessed from this post!)

So sorry to go on but needed to get it off my chest!!!

Ahhhhhh much better, thanks ladies xxx

So pleased you are feeling better.

I think you should treat yourself to a nice box of expensive chocolates and your favourite movie to make up for it.

Or even better, get someone else to buy them for you!

You deserve a major treat after your bad day

:D

Your need to waffle is perfectly ok - it must be a mixture of emotions for you - relief that it's nothing too serious but anger that they didn't find this sooner and got you treated.

Hope you are soon back to normal - lots of love xx

ahh gee thanks - chocs sound like such a good idea mmmm actually, will share this one, the other day i bought 2 x family size cadbury's fruit and nut bars (not really allowed but well worth it just for one cake) melted it down with a little full fat cream and mixed it with kellogs cornflakes. Leave in the fridge for as lond as you can manage to wait then eat till your hearts content..BLOODY GORGEOUS!

That sounds wonderful - I did a similar thing with dairy milk and rice crispies the other day - what was silly was the fact that I put raisins in it to make me feel more healthy!!!! :? Who am I kidding!!!

Got some double deckers in the cupboard......wonder what they would be like melted!?!?!?! :D

I guess the nougat would melt and make it chewy!!

Yummy!!!

What are we like??? I will be melting them by the end of the day now, just you wait :lol:

be sure to let me know how it goes..think i might have to detour past tesco's on my way home now...my new line to OH will be 'it's baby fat - honest!'

Will do!!

Off to check I have some cornflakes or rice crispies!!!

I HAVEN'T GOT ANY!!!!!

And my little girl is home from school poorly so can't go out!!

Oh well - will get hubby to get some later :wink:

He he what are you girls like! Ive got a big bar of chocolate in my fridge ready for a night in front of the tv (again)! Glad you are feeling better Jessika.

x x x x

Ah Jess you never mentioned that today when were on Chat. Glad you are OK though and alls well. Was great chatting and anytime you wanna moan you know where I am, you listened to me eh?

Like I said I am glad you are OK after all that.

Em xxxxx

ahh thanks emma - chat is good but if you write long sentances the topic has changed by the time you hit enter!!!

thanks all for your support, went back to the docs today, bp is still low at 90/55 and still white cells in urine but infection is on the way out hooray!

Great stuff Jess. I'm glad everythiing is OK. I had my growth scan today cos I wasn't measuring right but the baby is a good size apparently and weighing just over 4lb's. Even some of the measurements said she was bigger than for the dates. So alls well :)

Em xxxx

I made them!!

Melted 8 double deckers and mixed with rice crispies.......but

They didn't stick together very well so I ended up putting them in a flan dish to make one big crispie cake and then melted 2 giant milky bars and poured that over the top, then to finish it off I crushed up a crunchie and sprinkled that over the top too!!

It was a real mess - fell appart all over the place but was pure chocolate heaven!!!

OMG Kerry that must be a new world record of 2000 calories a bite!!!! :shock: I'm not a chocolate lover but it sounds like you made a fantastic mess making it, lol! I like the good old birds nest cakes we used to make at first school with shredded wheat, chocolate and mini eggs, do you remember those?

:D I dont feel such a piggy now i know other people are making big cakes as well, mmm battenburg my fave! (i'll be off to buy some then......) :D

YUM Kerry!!!

sounds like you did a proper job lol think i will be coming to yours for tea later then....

Whats funny is we took it to a friends for tea on saturday and I actually only ended up having a really tiny piece!!

But like you Kelly I am not usually a chocolate person so a little bit was enough - went down well with the children though and it didn't last very long.

Yes - I remember the birds nests cakes - my two brought them home from preschool at easter the last two years running........and battenburg is my favourite too!!!...........yummy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back