update after docs :(

bubbea

Reaction score
So basically gave to lose two stone which I knew anyway and joining ww in Jan. But told me I would have to ttc for two years before they would start investigating because "I'm young" a fertility clinic would probably see me after two years :( even though I've had ovary probs before.

I only have to wait till august but was expecting some miracle I suppose just disapointrd.... rant over!

Check your PCT guideline and see what the minimum age is for assisted fertility in your area. If you are within range for treatment then they can stick their "too young"...

They can't discriminate.

Last edited:
ive decieded to hit the weight loss train too, stuffing my face over the holidays first though!!

How can you be too young to start fertility treatment? I dont understand. I get so annoyed reading these threads. I agree with Louise, make sure you find out what the minimum age is if there is one. Good luck love gizzy xx

You aren't on your own x x I have 2 st to lose for starters x x x

Chin up honey in terms of the weight, its fixable! I lost 8 stone in a year and a half so you can do it I promise! Once you start it will come off! In terms of the 2 years that sucks, Im with you on the criticising of the NHS. You never know if you loose the weight it may help. Hope this doesnt sound like a preaching bragging post its not intended that way! Just want you to know it is achievable! I never thought it was either!

Well if you have been TTC for over 2 years and have previous ovary problems, then surely they should be referring you to your local fertility centre?

Why not go back to your GP and ask to see another doctor and see what they say. I am sure you have to be over the age of 18 years old to start fertility treatment, well that's what it is at my local PCT. Because you are so young, this maybe why they are saying this because you have loads of years left in you for having any children, but if you are not happy with this then go back and don't let them fob you off!

Good Luck with everything

Donna x

Last edited:
have you googled your PCTs guidelines on age/wait time etc?

Laura - wow!! that is amazing!

Sorry ladies, in terms of weight loss I'm going to start ww after Christmas is over with with a friend so I not alone. How an earth did u lose 8 stone!?
I am just about to Google age and guidelines I haven't been trying for 2 years until this august and she said that that's then they would start to investigate. I feel that basically she was telling me that at 20 they would only just see me and expect weight loss. x

Thanks girls! Its one of the few positive things in my life at the moment my weight loss. Feel like a new woman! I did it through weight watchers and in all honesty never felt deprived! Always here for advice if u want it. Feel as though I know my stuff now!

Haha well that's definitely how I'm guna do in now. Was considering weight watchers but wasn't sure if I would lose enough but that sounds brilliant! How much did u have too loose or did you just carry on? Xx

I had to loose 6 stone to get to a healthy BMI but lost the last 2 to get me down to a size 10 which I had seriously not been since I was maybe 10. WW I found great and still eat 2 packet of crisps a day ( my downfall). Its suits some but not others but firmly reccomend a class as the physical going to the meeting and having to be weighed by someone else was my key. I still go every week even now (free though) as until Im pregnant I want to make sure I keep it off.

I think it will help me being weighed in front of everyone else I'm that sort of person that would feel stupid if not done well! Excited I think I need to lose 3 altogether but I wanna do 2 by august when "my two years" are up. Xx

I tried to look but I'm slightly confused. But basically on the nhs websites it says a year and then investigate. But your not classed as infertile until two years. The only age things that are coming up are for ivf which is 23. Xx

I think we should start a healthy eating thread to spur us all on ib the new years and to give us more ideas about variety of foods! xxxxxxxx good luck!!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back