Unusually sleepy

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by J_Anne, Jul 29, 2013.

1. J_Anne

J_Anne Well-Known Member

I'm not overly worried just yet but my daughter hasn't been herself today. She's 19 weeks old, usually sleeps 7.30-6ish then back down after a feed until I get her up at 8.30. This morning she didn't wake at all until I woke her at 8.30. She usually has a 2 hour gap from waking to her next nap and will last about 30 mins. She's only been going just over an hour before getting tired and needing to sleep, then sleeping for over an hour (she's currently been asleep 2 hours). She usually goes 3 hours between feeds but is only going 2 1/2 or less.

We've been lucky as she's never been ill, except for a tummy bug so I don't know how she would be if she was coming down with something. She doesn't usually become sleepier during growth spurts. Should I be concerned??xx

2. rheannymac

rheannymac Well-Known Member

19 weeks is coming to the end of a leap according to wonder weeks so it could be that Hun?
    If your overly concerned though give your HV or GP a call/visit and I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest :) xxx

3. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Well-Known Member

How is she other than sleeping and eating? Is she her usual self or a bit grumpy? I'd say checking her temperature is the best way or working out if she's poorly. If she's feeding more often it could be she needs bigger feeds for a bit more energy. I also think at this stage they settle into better sleep patterns in the day too. With a little push from me my son who only ever had 30 mins naps now naps for 2 hrs at a time!

4. J_Anne

J_Anne Well-Known Member

She's a bit grumpy and quiet. She seemed a little more normal after her long sleep and went to bed well. Her temp was 35.9, that was under her arm, I've never taken her temp before now though. How many naps does your son have?

Hopefully it is the end of the leap!!

Thank you!!xx