unsure of the father?? Please help

heaven11

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first time ever being pregnant so i'm totally new to understanding how this works.

Ok so I have been on and off with my partner for 2 years we had sex on October 15th *unprotected*. Just to point out (i'm not proud) this is not the 1st time we haven't used protection.

Shortly after we had a huge argument and decided to part ways - mutual decision.

I came on my period 22nd October the normal 7 days and this is the date I usually come on, this was a totally normal period.

So on 8th November I had *PROTECTED* sex with someone else.
low and behold 22nd November came and no period. 4 days later still no period so I did a pregnancy test (never ever thought I would be pregnant) and it states positive. I've done 3!! I did the digital one and it says 2-3 weeks.

So initially I thought it would be the guy on 8th Nov (because it was 2-3 weeks ago). But i'm hearing if i'm 2-3 wks im really 5 weeks (which doesn't make any sense to me) so that would mean it can't be his because we had sex 3 weeks ago today?????

P.S yes I've learnt my lesson I've already beaten myself up enough :(

Last edited:
A pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period so you would be 5 weeks and 3days today if the bleed you had in October was a period.

It's possible that your contraception failed as nothing is 100%

BTW abortion is a banned topic on this forum so you should stop talking about whether or not you'll keep it depending on who the father is, otherwise the thread will be closed.

XX

Last edited:
You get two weeks "free" 2-3 weeks means that was around the time of conception/ovulation. I would say it's from the guy on the 8th of November as you've had a period after you've had sex with your ex.

You get two weeks "free" 2-3 weeks means that was around the time of conception/ovulation. I would say it's from the guy on the 8th of November as you've had a period after you've had sex with your ex.

Thank you x

Stressful situation, sorry you're in this position. I am not an expert on dates I'm afraid, so I can't offer advice there. I believe there is a way to ascertain who the father is in early pregnancy, but it's not without risk and certainly not a risk that everyone would be willing to take. You need to have a good think about how you would cope on your own if it's not the outcome that you would ideally like. Best of luck xx

Stressful situation, sorry you're in this position. I am not an expert on dates I'm afraid, so I can't offer advice there. I believe there is a way to ascertain who the father is in early pregnancy, but it's not without risk and certainly not a risk that everyone would be willing to take. You need to have a good think about how you would cope on your own if it's not the outcome that you would ideally like. Best of luck xx

Thank you, much appreciated xx

I think it would be the one on the 8th but it's hard to know exactly how far you are until the first scan x

My clear blue said 2-3weeks but I was 5 when I went doctors. I agree you won't really know till a scan and you may even have to do a DNA x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back