Unsupportive fiancé

GF91

Reaction score
im finding myself in between a rock and a hard place. Everything my fiancé does (whether I like it or not) I support him. He wants a new car, fine. Wants to go out, fine. Wants to go to the gym, fine. Spends money we don't really have, fine. But whatever I want to do- he doesn't support any of it. Before having our LG I was a body builder. I stopped competitions & training really hard while TTC in a hopes I'd get back into it after having her. TBH, I haven't, although I still try and attend the gym twice a week when my friend (who owns the gym) is around to look after my LG (it works out about 2 hours a week) everywhere I do I take LG with me, if I have to go to an appt and can't take her then I always try to book it on a Saturday when he's at work & ask my mum to have her. He doesn't lift a finger round the house, I do it all, while working from home. I have to go into the office 1 day a week & he has the day off- but I get up an hour earlier than I need to to run the Hoover round,get all LGs food drinks and snacks done and prep dinner as he wont do anything while I'm out. I said I wanted to go out with my brother on Friday night, but he doesn't think I should because the pub will be filled with ex friends that have treated me badly and he doesn't see why I would want to be with them, despite not actually being with them (I think he's more concerned about my ex being there) I've also said I'd like to enlist my old personal trainer for a session every other week to get back into my fitness, but again he says there no point as I won't benefit from a session every other week. I feel torn, part of me wants to tell him to F off & do it anyway- the other cannot be bothered with the attitude in going to get if I do it. He's a great dad, and money wise a supportive partner. Just not emotionally of physically. I don't know what to do! Xxxx

I would do what u wanted hun and tell him to sod of. You do what he likes so he should support you. I'd also go out on the Friday and make sure I looked proper nice just to wind him up. But that's just me lol I'm like that.

You need time for you to Hun he really needs to be more supportive. Sit him down and tell him how he's making you feel

My oh is no where near as bad as that but we do have an ongoing debate where he says "yeah you should get back into the gym you'll feel great for it" but then is unwilling to look after Lo to let me go. However I'm going to put my foot down next week and two evenings I'm just going to say "right here's Lo she's fed I'm off for an hour of so"

It sounds like you're doing a lot for him and he doesn't realise/appreciate

As for Friday night go and enjoy yourself, just say you won't be around the people you don't like but you want to see your brother and have some chill time

Thanks for replying ladies. Really appreciate it.
I've tried talking to him & I always get "I'll help you out" he'll begrudgingly do stuff for a day then it's back to the norm.
I guess I just need to do what I need to do and if he won't help me out then I'll just get my mum too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back