Unplanned baby 3 - what to tell family!!

LaurieW

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just after some advice and some similar stories if anyone has had a similar situation.

Me and my partner have found out we are expecting and it's a hell of a shock seeing as protection was used etc! However after much discussion we have decided to go ahead with the pregnancy.

However the one thing we are not looking forward to telling is our families. We are both mature adults and we know exactly what to expect and how it will affect us but we know that our families will strongly disapprove and put a lot of pressure on us to change our minds. It is constantly playing on my mind and I want to keep it from them as long as I can which I know is silly but I am not looking forward to the fall out!!

Has anyone else been in a similar situation??

What makes you think that they will disapprove? Do you not manage by yourselves at the moment?
If you are both adults and don't rely on family for financial support or childcare then it's really none of their business!
Good luck and congratulations, don't worry about others opinions and enjoy xxx

I'm on unplanned baby number 2 me and my partner have been together 7 months and I'm 5 months pregnant. Just be happy and then no one can say anything it's your body and your baby x

I was an unplanned baby (also number 3) and was born when my mum was 39. There is a 12 year age gap between me and my oldest sister.

No-one ultimately cares. If you and your partner are both happy then realistically that's all that matters. Your age, and if it was planned makes no odds.

With that in mind, I say tell them. They don't need to know it was unplanned. That's none if their business. All they need to know is you are both happy and prepared to be parents again! Good luck. :)

As long as you are happy that's all that matters. I'm having number 4 and this baby was unplanned, I'm 39 and my other children are 18, 9 and 7 and they can't wait for the new baby. I don't care what anyone else thinks quite frankly lol. In my opinion if people judge their friends or family like that then they're not worth getting upset over. Congratulations and hope all goes well for you xx

Our 3rd baby was planned, but I wasn't sure how people would react to our news so hid it until 15 weeks. Everyone was really pleased!

This is my 4th baby and totally unplanned, we were in mega shock, my DH is stilling coming around to the idea!

I waited until after my 12 week scan to tell everyone even my 3 boys, once they see the scan picture there with a gorgeous little baby it will be hard for anyone to disapprove! My family all took it really well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back