Unisex and Bilingual...

CanadianJami

Reaction score
Hello,
I am really stumped and need some help. My partner is french, I'm english, and we are expecting a baby girl in a few months. We really would like to use a gender neutral name, but we need something that can be pronounced the same (or similar) in French and English. Our last name is one syllable so preferably the first name would be at least two syllables, and it can't start with either J or R. I've been racking my brain and we have a couple of options but trying to get as many ideas as possible. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Would Charlie sound similar in French and English? (You could name her Charlotte if you want and call her Charlie).

I used to go to a French school where my friend's name was Renée, and her sisters were Paule and Frederique. They wanted the names to sound masculine but in the female form. I though it was quite clever.x

I used to go to a French school where my friend's name was Renée, and her sisters were Paule and Frederique. They wanted the names to sound masculine but in the female form. I though it was quite clever.x

I like the name Renée (and René was actually my grandfather's name) but it's also the name of a friend of mine and it'd be a little weird for us lol. Paule and Frederique are interesting but they're clearly feminine due to the spelling and we're hoping to have a really gender neutral name. But they're great ideas, thanks for your help!

Any other ideas?

Charlie is one of my favorite names

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back