Unfair, guilt trips etc

violet13

Reaction score
Hi all,
We have come home as we live 3 hours away to visit family on our nieces bday we are literally here just for today and go home tomorrow my mum has said she'll be really pissed off at me if we don't go and see her even though we came home to see my DH's family not mine I spent a week with my mum at Easter and we spent time with her at Christmas and it still wasn't good enough we have barely spent time with my dhs family at all tbh and my mum also has cancer but is having treatment. This will sound bad but I'm sick of her using it as a way to guilt trip me out son is my parents only grandchild but I don't think it's fair on my partners family and we all get on really well I can literally talk to them and I never get moaned at or made to feel like crap but my issue is my mum demanding we go see her when we hardly have any time with my dhs family yet I've seen my parents a lot and omg if I dare say anything to my mum she kicks off and says I'm being disgraceful towards her. Help!!

Can you not just quickly call by on your way home. Have a quick cuppa and head off? If you've driven 3 hours away and don't don't very often I personally would make the effort to call in. Especially if your mothers been poorly. Sorry I know that not what you're wanting to hear but she's your mum

I agree with Ellen. It's been a while since Christmas and Easter so I can see why she'd be disappointed not to see you if you're in the area, especially if she's ill.

Last edited:
We did go to see her and my dad they played with My lb and chilled for a bit, my dads gotten skinny he's never been that slim before xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back