Unexpected pregnancy during Covid19 help!

xxxoxxx

Reaction score
I am nearly 30 and my boyfriend is early 30s.
We found out I’m about 6 weeks pregnant & we’ve only been together for a few months. We were going strong but it is very much the honeymoon stages. We are both self employed but fairly stable financially with very supportive families.
I want to keep it but he wants me to have an abortion. He’s said he’d stick by me whatever I chose but is now changing his tune...
We’re self isolating and the stress is through the roof & has triggered my PTSD so I had a very bad episode a couple of days ago. He didn’t know about this & thinks is all the more reason it wouldn’t be right to bring a child into all the instability & is concerned about me being a good parent which is incredibly upsetting.

I told him today that I can’t go through with an abortion and now he doesn’t seem to want to have anything to do with me though says he’ll still support the child.

I’m extremely stressed and feel very much that I couldn’t live with myself if I had an abortion. The only thing that concerns me going ahead with the pregnancy is Covid-19 and the effects it may have on the health of the foetus.

I’m trying to see the hope & do the right thing but he’s saying I’m selfish. Does anyone have any advice at all? I’m really struggling & conflicted

Lots of us are pregnant during this pandemic. No one could've planned for this, so it is what it is. Supposedly there's no risk to the baby but who knows, no one has caught it in tri 1 and given birth yet.. Just stay as safe/isolated as possible. It should all be over with by the time your baby is due!

If you can't live with having an abortion, don't do it. If this guy got you pregnant and now won't talk to you because you're not giving in to him pressuring you to do something you don't want... Well he's a shitty person anyway and you're better off without him.

Everything WinterWolf said!!
He sounds like an absolute asshole. He got you pregnant, and now doesn’t want anything to do with you because you want to keep the baby. You’re better off without him so let him walk away from you. You and baby will be just fine. And don’t worry about the pandemic, none of us planned that this is how our pregnancy would go. Stay safe and keep your little bean safe I’m there too x

Please don’t stress children are a blessing! Greatest gift a mother can conceive please don’t allow your emotions to get the better of you. Doubt fear and anxiety get rid! And know that a blessing is coming, I’ve had three baby fathers and two of them panicked at the start and was just like this but that’s men then they slowly come around they aren’t as strong as us, so please momma hold it together! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back