Undescended testicles as a child

Sorry I don't have direct experience of undescended testicles and its possible effects on fertility, but didn't want to read and run. Has a urologist been consulted about this concern?
My OH has underdeveloped testicles which is entirely different, however it was suspected he had undescended testicles at first, which they suspected was the reason we are having trouble ttc. Anyway it is more than likely he will be referred to a urologist for more specific diagnosis and treatment to assist us on our journey.
Sorry I don't have more useful information for you. I hope you get some answers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi titch I think my oh had something like this when he was born and had to have some surgery but his SA came back excellent so I don't think it does affect things xx

PP had undescended testicles as a baby and an operation to deal with them aged 2. His parents were told this could have an impact on his future fertility but so could not having the op.

Doctors have said this could be the cause of his low counts (between 0.2 and 0.6 million per ml) but it could also be a chromosome deletion or genetic. They don't test for the cause so we don't know if we'll be passing the same on to our children.

The operation does the job for most people, but there is a risk associated.

On the other hand my dad had the op at 7 and conceived both his kids first month trying. He's certainly in the majority from my research.

MF is hard as they treat but never find out why

My husband had this and had to have an operation as a child to resolve it. He was told there is a small risk of being less fertile. I'm trying to keep him calm about it as I think the more you worry the less likely our chances are. We have been ttc since the end December, however I think it is more me than him at this point as I have very irregular periods.

My hubby had this as a child and one was wrapped round his pelvis. He is doing SA next week so that should tell us if it is a prob x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back