Underwired Bras

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Just thought I would mention this in the first trimester thread.

Avoid underwired bras if you can. They prevent your boobs developing properly and you can end up with infections when you breastfeed.

Midwifes and GPs and books hardly ever tell you this, so I thought I would pass it on to the first trimester people in case you didn't know about it. :D

I didnt know about that either, until i went for a fitting at M&S!! The lady then told me if i was planning on breast feeding not to use underwire bras as it can reduce the milk productions!! which has meant been wearing really bad unsex bras since i was 16 weeks!! lol

I agree!

I absolutely hate my bras at the moment and can't wait to get back into my super-boost underwired, super-dooper bras :D

I have bought quite a few low-cut maternity tops to try and flaunt my bigger boobs, only to find that all the non-wired bras show over the top! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lol sarah, i had the same problem with a lot of my tops,!!! looks really crap when your bra is bigger than the top and is on show for all to see!!! i love underwear and cant wait to be able to wear it all again!!

:D

When is the best time to get fitted for a support type bra? My boobs have been very tender since I found out I was pregnant and all my bras are underwired. Where is the best place to buy them and should you have someone measure you?
I don't know what to do in case I buy some now and then my size will change again soon! :?

The support bra's in Mothercare are GROSS!!!!

Any non-wired bra will do the job until you get later into pregnancy and your boobs might get heavier. I bought a couple of cheap tesco Non Wired smooth cup bra's for £4 each (normal price) and they have lasted so well and are very comfy.

You can get measurd in any ligerie shop, you dont hqave to buy fromt here. Just ask to be measured. Marks or John lewis are good places to be measured.

You don't need to be measured if you don't feel your boobs have grown since you were last measured and you are sure you're still wearing the right size. Just make sure the cup isnt baggy andwhere but isnt too tight either and you should be okie. The Tesco ones are good as they seem to grow up and down with me about half a cup size each way which is good for when they feel full and heavy.

If your bbs feel sore already, I'm reccomend getting some non-expensive soft bra's for now.

hth xx

BHS (british home stores)

I went shopping for some christmas tree dec's yesterday at BHS.. ended up getting 2 non wired support bras in the sale only £8.00 each.. there not the sexiest of bra's but they are the nicest non wired i've seen about.... and good support.. i've gone from a 34D to a 34DD already!!!

x

I went recently for a fitting in M&S and they told me that I shouldn't be wearing underwired bras anymore, am now in a lovely maternity bra size 34E!!!!!!!!

I was in the bath the other day and DH came in with my lovely bra over his eyes asking me what he was, he was pretending to be a fly using the cups as his eyes - it did make me laugh!!!!!!! :D

Gone are the days of dressing up in sexy underwear now! LOl!!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back