Underwear Q

Mrs_B

Reaction score
This is probably gonna sound really silly.

But, as you get bigger in pregnancy, do you need to get bigger knickers?

So far my knickers are still fitting and with lacey I wore the same size throughout pregnancy! While I was in labour the m/w took the mickey out of me cos I was wearing my tiny lepord print thongs lol I've never worn them since...

Ah cool, thanks. I will see how go. At the mo I am in size 8 or 10 knickers.

Im still in the same size knickers although i did pop to primarni and bought some bigger 'granny' style ones - yes im sexy! just for comfort really

I havent put on weight on my bum but my thighs are looking rather chunky

Do you still get under the bump maternity knickers? It's been a while since I had a baby and I can't find them anywhere ? no one seems to do any other than fancy nice sets , which are not really maternity

I'm still wearing the same. The only time I bought some was when I packed my hospital bag for my other pregnancies.. Some very fetching granny knickers. Hubs still takes the piss out of me now lmao

Last edited:
im wearin big comfy granny style ones and i love it! when its time to take clothes of for oh i slip them down whit trousers so he thinks i go whitout haha

Do you still get under the bump maternity knickers? It's been a while since I had a baby and I can't find them anywhere ? no one seems to do any other than fancy nice sets , which are not really maternity

I'm sure i saw some in the mothercare brochure xx

I havent really put much weight on anywhere except my bump, but my hips have gotten a bit wider, so i need a bigger size (sounds like im trying to kid myself - but im pretty sure my bum hasnt got bigger!) xxx

i brought some granny style ones from primark when i was 1st pregnant. but when i put them on they were like size 14-16!!!! ( i was size 10-12!) the pack did say 10-12, so i dont know what happened there haha.
i did wear them only for the comfort- even though they were baggy lol. i wont be doing that again

I havent really put much weight on anywhere except my bump, but my hips have gotten a bit wider, so i need a bigger size (sounds like im trying to kid myself - but im pretty sure my bum hasnt got bigger!) xxx

Zazu, reackon your having a boy then !! tee hee I love to guess , let me know in 5 weeks would you, we can knicker spot to sex the baby then:x

Big knickers all the way. I find some of my normal undies really rub the bottom of my bump so I just got a size bigger in Tesco and they are so much more comfy. £2.50 for a 5 pack!!

I've gone up a size in my trousers so I bought 10 pairs of lurvely granny pants in the next size up to tide me over until baby is here - although i can still fit in my old pants :)

I suppose it depends on whether you want under-bump or over-bump knickers.
I suppose if you don't put on any under-bump weight, then your regular knickers would be fine,
But if you want it over/on-bump knickers, you might have to get bigger ones to accomodate?

I wear the shorts style ones as they are soo comfy hand as they are well under the ever expanding bump they fit fine.

Zazu, reackon your having a boy then !! tee hee I love to guess , let me know in 5 weeks would you, we can knicker spot to sex the baby then:x

It is a boy! ur psychic! :lol:

My hips have widened and my rib cage (both part of the physiological changes that can happen during pregnancy) and I've put weight on my bum-I'm one of those people who whenever they put weight on put it straight on their ass :-( so I'm in a bigger size knickers AND bra (not just cup size!) x x

Thanks for all your replies. So it looks like a case of see what my body does and work with it, lol.

Would be nice to stay in my current knickers. Bra size has already changed, they are huge for me.

I need bigger ones but that was because my hips got wider and I went from a size 8 to 12 but that was on my entire body (it wans't because of my belly or anything). I unfortunately still wear the size 12 now (post pregnancy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back