Understanding your body, and stuff? (Read: help!)

LaceyKeo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to apologise in advance for anything I may say that comes across as insensitive. It's not meant that way, I'm just trying to be clear.

So, I am blessed with two beautiful children, both surprises. Because they both appeared of their own accord, I've never had to learn about temping and charting and all the stuff you incredibly dedicated ladies do.
My biology in general is poor.

Here's the story:
DD is 10m old. She's still breastfeeding.
I've had I think two periods since I had her (so definitely not "back to normal", not that I've ever been regular anyways).
Last was March 13thish.
April 15th-24th my partner was over for the week (he's in USA).
Needless to say, there was lots of sex.
Pulling out method.

The last few days, I've had heavy thick white (snotty) discharge.

Assuming my period doesn't show up in the meantime, when should I be testing?

Could I be pregnant?

Sorry for the dumb. I'm not even sure if I'm trying to talk myself into wanting to be pregnant or not... Xx

If you were in your fertile window when you had sex then testing approx 2 weeks later should give you an answer. Hope it is the answer you want!

When the heck's my fertile window? Like, how do I know if I was in it?

Logically and realistically, not being pregnant would be sensible.

Honestly... We weren't trying, another baby would be difficult (not in the least with OH being 4,000 miles away), and, I really want a positive...

I must be nuts. Xx

Well you won't know if you were in it or not if you weren't tracking, so really it is just a waiting game now I'm afraid. But basically if you were fertile you will know in two weeks either way :)

Women who have a regular 28 day cycle usually ovulate on day 14 of their cycle. Seeing as your cycle is not regular (and you have not been temping or doing OPKs or anything). There isnt really any knowing when your fertile window might have been it is better to go by when you had sex. The earliest you can get a positive test is about 9 days after ovulating so if you happened to ovulate on the 15th (the first day you had sex), then it is possible you could get a positive test already. If you were ovulating on the 24th (the last day you had sex) it is still too early to test. Sperm can also live for a couple of days inside you so if you are ovulating today there is still a chance of getting pregnant. Some women dont get a positive test until 2 weeks after ovulating so reasonably sure of an accurate result you would have to wait another two weeks or so from today to test. If it were me I'd probably test now, in a weeks time and then in 2 weeks time if my period hadnt come by then.

Being totally honest seeing as you were using the pull out method and you dont know if you were fertile your chances of being pregnant are slim but there is always a chance :).

Big old BFN today, which I expected really.

I'll test again in a few days if AF doesn't show xx

Sorry :(. A BFN is still disappointing even when you expect it.

So, BFN again yesterday morning.

Weird dreams.
Super-tired.
More ewcm.
Cramping on and off last two days.
Still no AF.

What up, mind fuck? Xx

Still no AF. What's up with that?

How the hell y'all do this month after month is beyond me, you're like, superwomen, seriously.

I'm trying some math now, at 2am, cause that'll work out well...

If I last had sex on April 24th. Sperm live seven days. That would mean latest ovulation on May 1st. That'd mean (roughly) AF due 14th? So, frer would first pick up... May 9th?

Does that make some rough sense?

Literally driving myself up a wall xx

So I woke up this morning to backache and cramps.

And more ewcm.

Still no AF.

What's that about? I've never noticed period cramps unless I'm starting my period (which I'm apparently not), or having braxton hicks (definitely not).

Is this like, normal? Xx

I think you should do another test. Your HCG level might not have been high enough to detect it the first time. It sounds like you could be?

Good luck xxx

Just did another test, BFN.
It was just a Tesco cheapie though, one of the test from first day of missed period ones, and apparently I have no clue when that actually is/will be... Xx

If I'm seeing strange dreams, excessive sleeping, cramping etc as symptoms though... Wouldn't it actually be way too early still?

I think I've got myself to the point that I'm hoping I am, and I'm now looking for any little sign to point to a potential positive... Is that even a thing? Xx

Did a clear blue five-days-early test earlier.
Still negative.

How much difference does it make that it was afternoon and not fmu? (it was like my fourth wee of the day) xx

It's been a long time since your last period but I know your cycles aren't back to normal yet. It could still be too early or it is possible the symptoms are there for another reason. When I had my chemical pregnancy, I got a positive test no matter what time of the day I did it even though it was feint. When I was no longer pregnant, I was getting obvious negatives even with fmu.

I'd probably give it a week or so and see what happens. The cramps and EWCM may be a sign of ovulation rather than pregnancy, but only time will tell. Xx

Back with more questions...

Still no anything.
BFN a couple days ago.
By my calculations, Tuesday would be the last day I'd be able to get a BFP based on last day having sex, so... (I still wonder now if I'm basically kidding myself).

So, yesterday/this morning, I have AFs advance party arrive. A few spots around my mouth, crampy again, more back ache, all sure signs I'm due today.

I'm still getting ewcm.
Is that normal? Xx

Some people do get ewcm before AF. Ewcm just means you have oestrogen - so ideally you shouldn't. But it's normal for some ladies and they've got pregnant.

Is this the first month you've had it? When did you come off contraception? (Hormones may still be in your system.) I would wait and see what happens over the next few months xxx

I haven't been on hormonal contraception for years.

Irregular periods due to BF 10 month old, Mid Feb and mid March.
Sex was 15th-24th of April. (Partner visiting from usa).
Possible ovulation a few days after, around 30th.
Several pregnancy/period symptoms.
No period.
Negative tests.

Conclusion: I know nothing about my body or wtf is going on, I feel like I'm hoping for a pregnancy and at some point in the next couple days, gonna get a disappointment instead. Xx

Thick white cm.

No AF.

Testing again tomorrow, methinks.

Newfound poas addict.

I second what phonixgirl has just said. The Ewcm and cramps sound very much like ovulation. Perhaps give it another week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back