Under age pregnant with over 18

askGuru

Reaction score
what can happen to my boyfriend if i am 15 in the uk and im pregnant with my boyfriend aged 21 this year, what can happen to him from a legal standpoint, mostly asking will he go to jail

Legally? Yes. He could be arrested and charged with sex with a minor and be made to sign the sex offenders register as he’s committed a crime.

Not sure how it works in the UK, but many US states will allow an exemption if your parents sign something essentially giving you permission to sleep with an adult. My coworker was 17 and her boyfriend 19 when she had her first baby. He wasn’t allowed to be in the hospital with her overnight when she delivered, but was never charged with anything.

It doesn’t work that way in the UK. It’s a crime called unlawful cardinal knowledge - because although you may well have consented, he should be the one to know better as you’re still a child in the eyes of the law and he’s very much an adult.
that said, please don’t be scared to seek the help that you need. You’ll still need a midwife and you’ll get lots of other support too. It’s important that you can share with your parents if you feel safe to do so, or talk to someone close to you that you trust. You certainly aren’t the only one in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back