Uncomfertable....

Laur_250

Reaction score
Help! Is this normal?? Does it take longer to return to normal?? I really dont wanna go to doctors un nessecarily as im guessing this sort of thing requires an 'inspection' which id rather avoid! Help!!!!xx

We have had sex several times since I had a ceasarean, so baby didn't even come out from "there" but each time I have some discomfort at the start. I have just put it down to anxiety and worrying that it will hurt. :wall: :wall: :wall: I tell myself to relax, but at the initial discomfort I tense up.... it takes a while of gentle pushing to ease into it, then it's OK.

We also use lube now, which has helped.

poor you.... I do sympathise. Hopefully it will ease and you can start to enjoy it more.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sex is v. uncomfortable for me and i had stitches. I dont like doing it anymore :( Hoping it gets better with time but at the mo it really hurts and stings :shock:

Thanks beatlesfan, and jennifer i know how you feel i dread it now too and you've also gone over 3 months, i read some info on the net that said it can take up to a year to be comfertable again, gutted!xx

The same for me. The last time we had sex was the night Aimee was conceived. We have tried a few times since Aimee was 6 weeks old to have sex but each time it is too painful. I am the same, I don't want to go to the doctors about it as I know it will probably mean having an internal and I avoid those like the plague!

Like Jennifer I had stitches and although everything healed up weeks ago I am still scared it will hurt which is probably why I tense up which is more than likely the cause for the pain. :(

I was in discomfort up until Angel was almost 6 months old! We rarely did anything coz i was simply scared. Even now i have a little pain but it subsides after i get into it.

I too think it's because i cant relax properly. Im constantly thinking 'this is gonna hurt' and tense up. Im defo gonna leave going to the drs over it coz i hate internals :shakehead:

At least i know some of yous are in the same boat... makes me feel a bit better bout things now coz i was starting to worry :roll:

wasn't painfree for me until about a year after giving birth, and it's still as bit uncomfortable now and again.

Unfortunatley, not doing it will only make it worse when you do do it. You need to keep at it for it to gradually get better.

x

After my DD was born (almost 2 yrs ago) I had a few stitches after forcep delivery and I found sex incredibly painful. I went to the docs after a few months and they found some lumpy scar tissue which they burnt off (wasnt as bad as it sounds!). Anyway, within another couple of months I felt a lot more normal and honestly sex is better now that it ever was before - something I would have found hard to believe if you had told me that when she was 6 months old! So get yourself checked if its really sore, and use plenty of lube as you need it apparently after you have given birth cos you are a drier 'down there' for a while. :D

We've had sex twice since having Tamzin and I find it very uncomfortable! The first time was actually ok but stung a bit but the second time was worse and I had to get dh to stop. I don't think I'm fully healed yet though so we'll just keep trying and see how it goes.

Im glad im not alone, though obviously not glad you have the problem too obviously!.xx

yes sex hurt like CRAZY for the first few months for me- however my baby's sticky eye turned out to be chlamydia :oops: she could only have got it from me, so i was treated too- and after that sex didnt hurt anymore. i kno im the exception its probably not the case for you but unless u and ur partner were both virgins or u have both been checked recently its worth an embarrassing trip to the docs! just for reassurance xx

its most likely grazing, though, and anxiety :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back