Unanswered questions of the universe...

missac

Reaction score
Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he has just come out the shower but at no other point during the day?!

Why isn't phonetic spelt fonetic?

Add yours here!!

How does the man who drives the snow plow get to work in the morning?

How does body hair know to grow back to a certain length after its been shaved/cut/waxed/plucked?

lou said:
Why do men have nipples?

there's a reason for this and i can't remember. it's to do with breastfeeding tho... so a baby feels comfortable or something, even though a baby can't breastfeed off a man, i think nipples are just a comfort thing for a baby?

i don't kno.. if i can remember the actual answer i'll let you know, but it's something like that.

I thought it was because in the womb we all start off as female before some turn male, hence the nipples. Bit of waste of nipples.

Maybe I dreamt it?

I have heard that too Lou.

Why are all the good looking people at school ugly now and the geeks are all beautiful!!

leckershell said:
lou said:
Why do men have nipples?

there's a reason for this and i can't remember. it's to do with breastfeeding tho... so a baby feels comfortable or something, even though a baby can't breastfeed off a man, i think nipples are just a comfort thing for a baby?

i don't kno.. if i can remember the actual answer i'll let you know, but it's something like that.

Its because the mammary system develops earlier than when the sex hormones begin to take effect enough to differentiate between male and female

lou said:
I thought it was because in the womb we all start off as female before some turn male, hence the nipples. Bit of waste of nipples.

Maybe I dreamt it?

That's exactly what I thought. Must go google!

:rotfl: omg! There is actually a book called
why do men have nipples?

whydomenhavenipples.com :lol:

Why is a boxing ring square?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and washing up liquid made with real lemons?

For all you animal lovers....

Why don't penguins feet freeze?

Why don't ducks quacks echo?

why can't elephants jump?

lou said:

Maybe I dreamt it?
I think that is right

lou said:
For all you animal lovers....

Why don't penguins feet freeze?

Because they have loads and loads and loads and loads of blood vessels in their feet

why can't elephants jump?
Because they are too heavy- silly!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :doh:

ok ok...what about the hair then. When you shave your legs or bikini line or armpits how does the hair know to grow back to the same length it was before you cut it?

lou said:
:rotfl: :doh:

ok ok...what about the hair then. When you shave your legs or bikini line or armpits how does the hair know to grow back to the same length it was before you cut it?

It doesn't grow back to the same length as before you cut it - it just grows back to its predestined length.

All hair on your body has a length it grows to before it naturally dies and falls out. The hair on your head just has a longer growth span, so it grows longer, but it will stop growing at a certain length and eventually die and fall out - to be replaced by a new growing hair. Hence the fact you lose hair every day but until you're older (and some hairs stop growing back) it still stays just as thick

The hair on your body is shorter naturally (otherwise at some times I would have been able to plait my leg hair :wink: ). You shave and the hair that grows back is just finishing its natural growth span (ie it dies at an shorter length than it would have done) but there are hairs next to it that were in the growing back stage when you shaved and they will just continue to grow. Body hair also grows quicker :roll:

this explains it a little more
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question100.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back