Umbilical hernia

V has a sticky out belly button that looks like a hernia and it does make a squidgy noise when you press it, GP saw it at his 6 week health check but said not to worry. It does look quite dramatic though!

Yeah they usually go back in by the time they r 2 apparently lol still freaks me out tho lol gross that noise

Well they said it is v large and involves the bowel so she is contacting the paeds surgeon at children's hospital to get advice

I am really worried she told me if he starts crying and can't be settled or he stops takin his feeds I have to take him straight to a&e incase it has strangulated.
She said it was the biggest she Jad ever seen it's 3.5cm wide :-( feel such a bad mum for not getting it looked at sooner :-(

Tbh I had no idea what one was until you posted this with the pic so don't blame yourself! You don't get a book on how to be a mum and you don't hear about things like that from the books you do get! The point it you noticed something was a bit wrong and you spoke to someone about it and it's going to get sorted, you just need to keep an eye on it. Did they give you a timeframe as to when the hospital may be in touch??

Awwww poor Orlando. Don't beat yourself up. The fact is you spotted it and got it looked at, you're doing a good job as a mummy. Good news is hernias like that can easily be fixed and will be less of an issue as he grows. Keep us posted.

You are not a bad mum, you cant go to the docs for everything but your instincts were right about him!! Pleased that they are getting it sorted. It is hard to see that your baby has something wrong and you would do anything to swap with them but babies are stronger than we think they are!!
Loads of love xxxx

Oh hun u r so not a bad mum !!! And try not to panic too much when he does cry lo r tough little cookies. Ethan had an umbilical hernia and an inginel hernia. His belly button one was fine and had his other one operated on at 5 mths so it did start to become stranglulated and is absolutely fine has a small scar on his groin that u can barely see now xxx

Lily had one and they said they won't do surgery til she's 1/2 if she needs it.. It went away within a couple of weeks of the cord coming off
I hope all is ok xx

Just had a look at the pic, Lily's was more prominent.. But wasn't connected to anything
I hope he's ok and it settles down ASAP!!

Poor little man that does look quite pronounced at least you've taken him to see you gp and they ate getting him looked at don't feel bad hun it's just one of those things :hug: xxx

Poor Orlando! Hope he's ok, don't blame yourself you got him checked xx

Ok so doc rang and I had to take him straight up hospital I was shitting a brick obv surgeon saw him and said that ATM it's ok as long as it's soft and doesn't get any bigger we have to keep an eye on it and surgeon is seeing him every 4 weeks

Glad everything is getting sorted and your being well looked after xxx

Don't worry yourself to death just treat him like you normally would and keep an extra eye on him if your unsure about anything ring the dr or hospital I'm sure they will help you anytime xxx

I am desperately afraid now, Vince's is protruding quite a bit, and looks more purple than it did a week ago! GP looked at it at his 6 week check and said it was fine, but I am very paranoid about it.

Wish me luck, I will venture into the realm of Google, I may or may not return with my sanity.

Ish if it has changed since last check just pop him up to the docs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back