Um..spoon feeding & talking?

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Yesterday I mentioned to my aunt that I was going to try BLW with Willow.
She told me I shouldn't because if babies aren't spoon fed early enough their mouth muscles won't develop properly and they will have speech difficulties.
I've never heard of this before and it sounds like nonsense to me-what does everyone else think?

From someone with no experience of BLW and no medical training, but some common sense - I think that sounds like nonsense too!

I have a couple of really interesting docs on BLW - PM me if you'd like me to send you them - about the many benefits.

Good luck with BLW Rebekah - remember to post to let us know how you get on!

Valentine Xxx

i was lead to believe that it was the food they were eating, not the spoon that helped them talk. Its the pushing the food around their mouths with their tongue and the moving their mouth that does it. blw will give her all that.

Same here, its the food they eat that develops the muscles in the mouth .Thats why you should move them onto lumpy food as soon as you can, cuz it encourages them to chew and use their muscles. Its nothing to do with a spoon!

What a load of rubbish!
We follow BLW, Thea never shuts up! Seriously she talks really well and at 15 months you can have a conversation with her.

We did BLW and I can't shut Stanley up! :lol:

iv never heard of that! the only thing my HV told me where theres a window that u cant miss or u end up with problems is at 7 months they need lumps in their food and finger food while they got the chewing reflex. apparently theres an 8-week window to get them chewing if u miss it its extremely difficult? but never heard of the spoon thing!

the only thing ive heard about it is the other way around that if they dont get finger foods early enough it can slow down speech development so i would have thought it would be better to go the blw route if your brave enough to do it (im not but wish i was) xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back