Ultrasounds in your own home?

MobileBabyScan

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Amy and I am part of a company called Mobile Baby Scans

We are looking into setting up a company that offers ultrasound scanning in the comfort of your own home

For approximately £100 you can get a 3D/4D ultrasound
£50 for gender/reassurance/sexing scan

Other packages would also be available for multiples/bonding scans/DVDs photo packages/gifts etc

All performed by a qualified, registered sonographer

We would arrive, set up the equipment in a ground floor room of your choice, perform the scan, print off your photos and burn your cd in your home
Any other services (key rings heartbeat bears etc) will be forwarded afterwards.

How many of you would be interested in this service?
Would you want us to provide anything else?
What type of scan would you be most interested in?

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

I'd defo be up for this if you ever got it up and running. As I am diabetic while pregnant and had so many growth scans I felt like I lived in the hospital lol x

After trying to find somewhere in my area that will do a gender scan under £150 I would have bitten your arm off!! lol

Oh I'd be game! Terrified of anything to do with the medical profession theses days, and the nearest clinic to me means going back into the room I've had so much bad news in over the past 4 years.
Would definately prefer that against an hour and a half drive to the next clinic!

I think the prices are very reasonable as most private clinics charge the same if not more than this, and that obviously without the service of them coming to your house

Fab idea! especially for reassurance and gender scans

Think it would be ace for us in the sence that OH wont ever be able to come to a scan because he wont ever be home in clinic time around here.
Would be nice to treat him on evening he ca be home, or weekend, to being able to see his baby in person for once too.......

what a great idea and personalised service. Hospitals here wont allow you to take pictures or video of your own scan and its such a beautiful momento that most parents want to treasure!

go for it i think there is a huge market and growth potential to set up multiple / regional practices.

I hope it works out for you i really do, i think there is a lot of call for it, especially in rural areas with mother of more than one child.

I will never ever use such a service because after seeing my baby girl dead in a scan, i never ever want to look at another one again.

I would also want to be in the hospital incase anything goes wrong. What would you do in this situation? If you were in the middle of nowhere doing a scan and their was a problem with the baby, what if you needed to go on to your next scan but you had a very scared upset mother with a toddler looking around?

I think those things need to be thought about very hard before going ahead with it, because finding out your child is dead is a very scary thing and you would not be able to leave people alone at that time x

I agree with dragonfly in that you must be in a position to adequately support the 5% of women who have bad news and therefore must also be confident that your staff can diagnose the conditions the scan is designed to detect early.

Also what about the other things that we have to hear? Like there is something wrong with the baby? That a consultant appointment is needed?

I mean, this is really a thing that should be done in a hospital because that is where people receive the proper aftercare...

If there was such a thing where i lived, id jump at the chance, got a very bad phobia of hospitals thesedays :D.

Ing that would be awesome I have SPD and i nod it hard getting out so this would be perfect for me! Good luck with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back