ulcer on tounge

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by k8_005, Jul 11, 2013.

1. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Please does anyone know if there is anything I can use for mouth ulcers? I have several on my tounge at the min prob from lack of sleep but I don't know if during pregnancy there is anything I can use? X

2. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

Well I was going to say bonjela but I've just done a quick google to double check and there's loads of posts saying its not recommended during pregnancy... Hmmmm! I was in hospital at 34 weeks with a chest infection (and I was on the antenatal ward) and I had them really bad so they brought me a tube of it and never said anything! Other than that I can only think of salt water? I had a really bad ulcer once and got so fed up I scrubbed it with salt haha - it was gone not long after! Xx

3. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Yeah iv fort about salt water. I guessed bonjela was out as not allowed for children under 3months wondered if dentanox which is ok from birth would be ok and if it would help hmm might ring mw tommo and see. Thanks x

4. giz

giz Well-Known Member

Is tcp allowed? I've always dabbed that on neat for bad ulcers.

----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013

5. Corrinne37

Corrinne37 Well-Known Member

Poor you hun,
    Not sure what you can have, I have used tcp quite a bit when i had a really sore throat and baby is fine! So i think thats ok!
    You could always go to gp and get something on prescription, then you know your safe and wont have to fork out for anything xx

6. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies is slightly better today so gunna continue with the salt wash blergh but doing the trick at least x