uh oh :(

purple13

Reaction score
talk about bad timing...! :wall:

OH and i decided to get our shower replaced and a builder came round to start the job last friday. but then he called at the weekend when we were away to say that there was a problem... he's discovered, whilst taking out the old shower, that the floor under our bathroom is completely rotten - water has leaked into our floor (prob from a pipe in the wall) and has most likely been leaking for years. and the floor has been made of entirely the wrong materials which have soaked the water up like a sponge and its now disintegrating :(

the upshot being that we now have to get a loss adjustor out to take a look - thankfully our builder is lovely and is going to meet them for us to show them the damage. but it looks as if not only our bathroom floor, but our hall floor, our bedroom floor and our airing cupboard floor are going to have to be replaced :( :(

which will mean that OH and i will probably have to move out while the work's being done...

and i've no idea how long this is all going to take... i've told the loss adjustors that i'm 7 months pregnant so i hope they're going to send someone at the end of next week. and i think the builder can start as soon as they sign off on his estimate. but i'm terrified that its all going to go even more wrong :wall: :wall: we're supposed to be having a baby in about 60 days time - AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!! :x

sorry - just needed to get that off my chest... feel a bit better now :)

What a nightmare - hopefully you will be all sorted before the Lo arrives - if not you will manage and look back some day and laugh - you could just do without it now

thanks :hug: the builder's coming round again this evening and is going to do a graduated estimate for us. uuurrrggghhh :? :? :?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: my place is a mad house too, carpets being done tomo and the hall still needs painting, the sofas are all in the baby's room :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back