Ugh, awful cold

GingerKitty

Reaction score
So, I'm off work today, which pretty much never happens. I have a pretty awful cold - really congested, chesty cough, sandpaper throat and headache.

Normally, I'd pop the cold and flu and get on with it. But because I'm pregnant I both a) want to take a bit better care of myself than normal and b) can't rely on my usual decongestants/painkillers.

So - what CAN I do to make myself feel better? I know you're allowed paracetamol but I'd rather not if at all possible. I'm going to get some steam and a towel ready soon!

You could try some vapour rub? I also like the honey and lemon sweets. Or making hot honey and lemon? That should make you feel warmer and hopefully a bit better. There's not an awful lot except steam like you said. Get better soon xx

Olbas oil bath soak from home & bargains :) xx

I was off for 3 days, it was the worst!! All I took was honey and lemon to soothe my throat and a couple of paracetamol. Just had to wait it out unfortunately but rest up and take lots of fluids. Hope you feel better soon! x

Thanks everyone! I've made myself some honey and lemon and think I'll have a bath soon. Not sure if there's a cure for feeling sorry for yourself though!! :)

My mw told me no to vapor rub so I used paracetamol, steam, hot bath or shower before bed. Also used herbal remedies such as echonacha(that's not the correct spelling so I do apologise) I had this with odderless garlic tabs and lots of vit c. This helped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back