Two under two

Zara96

Reaction score
hi everyone,
As I am going to have two under two i was looking for some advice on two under two and a list of things I will need to buy. If anyone could help. Xx

I’d say double buggy will be your first thing! One of my patients has just had twins. She’s now got 4 under 2 :faint:

I’d say double buggy will be your first thing! One of my patients has just had twins. She’s now got 4 under 2 :faint:
Yeah i have been looking at double buggy and a universal carry cot that attaches to the buggy. Oh wow she's brave haha fair play to her. How does she find it ? Xx

What will be the age difference? My son will be a couple of weeks off turning 2 when this one arrives but I have opted for a buggy board instead of a double pram as he much prefers to walk x

What will be the age difference? My son will be a couple of weeks off turning 2 when this one arrives but I have opted for a buggy board instead of a double pram as he much prefers to walk x
15 months apart. So my little girl will be 15 months when new baby arrives xx

Yeah i have been looking at double buggy and a universal carry cot that attaches to the buggy. Oh wow she's brave haha fair play to her. How does she find it ? Xx

erm.... seems to be coping to be fair! X

Mine at 20 months apart. We got a tandem buggy as well as a buggy board. My oldest will go in the buggy if hes exhausted but will generally walk distances up to 2 miles. He HATES the buggy board - no idea why.

Would definitely recommend somewhere for baby to sleep downstairs as you dont have the time to be upstairs settling baby with a toddler, and something like a bouncer or swing so you can strap them in off the floor if you need to get some bits done. We have a bouncer in the bathroom and a swing downstairs - the bouncer upstairs is used for bathtime for the toddler and I move it into his bedroom for getting him dressed and bedtime stories. Makes life a bit easier! Worth considering what you'll sleep baby in during the night too. We opted for a next to me this time as my first outgrew the moses quickly and went into his own room at 4 months. I wont put this one into his own room for a good while yet as he'd wake the toddler in the night!

Mine at 20 months apart. We got a tandem buggy as well as a buggy board. My oldest will go in the buggy if hes exhausted but will generally walk distances up to 2 miles. He HATES the buggy board - no idea why.

Would definitely recommend somewhere for baby to sleep downstairs as you dont have the time to be upstairs settling baby with a toddler, and something like a bouncer or swing so you can strap them in off the floor if you need to get some bits done. We have a bouncer in the bathroom and a swing downstairs - the bouncer upstairs is used for bathtime for the toddler and I move it into his bedroom for getting him dressed and bedtime stories. Makes life a bit easier! Worth considering what you'll sleep baby in during the night too. We opted for a next to me this time as my first outgrew the moses quickly and went into his own room at 4 months. I wont put this one into his own room for a good while yet as he'd wake the toddler in the night!
Yes some children don't like buggy boards bless them. Thank you for your advice. I have a cot for my little girl now that she's in but I do have a moses for new born and a next to me crib aswell which new baby will use when he or she gets bigger. I will probably keep my moses basket down stairs and carry it upstairs on the nighttime if i can or just the next to me crib for bedtime but was always scared to use it with my littlw girl from new born as it looks so big haha. I was thinking a swing chair aswell as I have a bouncer already for my first baby. Xx thanks for advice xxx

Hey, my first two were 15 months apart and then I had a third 17 months after number 2 so I had 3 under 3 for a few months.

I have the Bugaboo donkey with bugaboo board that has a built in seat, so basically I could push all 3. It’s easy to say ‘oh x prefers to walk’ (my oldest did) but when you’re out and about alone it’s far safer and easier to have them in their seat crossing roads etc because you don’t have enough hands to push and hold theirs. Also at 15 months they don’t have the energy for really long stretches of not sitting down. The bugaboo is really expensive but I have a version 1.1 And they are now on version 3 so I think you could get a secondhand v1 pretty cheap. There are very few differences between the models -
One of the main ones is the newer ones have foam filled wheels instead of air but you can upgrade the wheels if you wanted to. I also have an uppababy vista (got it secondhand for £300) and that is also really good for two if you want a single width pram, the children can face each other with one higher than the other. Definitely worth looking into that one - huge basket underneath too.

The other thing you might want to look at is a big change bag. With two in nappies in different sizes plus needing drinks, maybe bottles, snacks in there you soon run out of space. I ended up with a bucket style bag that was really
Good for having 3.

also worth thinking about Is the sleeping situation. My 15 month old was not ready for a big girl bed and didn’t go in one until she was about 2 and a half, we had two Stokke sleepi cots (both secondhand) one in the full size and one set up in the new baby mini size.

With two under two you find you need to find ingenious ways to be hands free as much as possible to still help/play with the toddler. Things I found helped were one of those automated swinging chairs, the baby loved and could sit and watch his sister play. Bouncy chair is good too but the swing really seemed to be his thing. I had a bouncy chair in the bathroom too and a gate on the door. Buy plenty of gates :rotfl: basically you want to be able to keep them all safe in one place while you do things. So In the morning baby went in the bathroom bouncy chair, toddler left loose in the bathroom with a few toys while I had a shower with the gate closed. Gates on the top and bottom of stairs. On the toddlers bedroom and one on the playroom. As baby got older I switched the bathroom bouncy chair for one of those small activity bouncers - a bit like a Jumperoo but much cheaper one just to keep him busy. We had a jumperoo downstairs in the playroom for
Him.

high chairs - probably going to need two, I had a fancier one that reclined and removable tray etc for the baby and just the £10 Ikea one for toddler.

once I had 3 Of them I obviously just carried on with all of these things but the two older ones were just playing while youngest was in the
Bouncer etc.

Hey, my first two were 15 months apart and then I had a third 17 months after number 2 so I had 3 under 3 for a few months.

I have the Bugaboo donkey with bugaboo board that has a built in seat, so basically I could push all 3. It’s easy to say ‘oh x prefers to walk’ (my oldest did) but when you’re out and about alone it’s far safer and easier to have them in their seat crossing roads etc because you don’t have enough hands to push and hold theirs. Also at 15 months they don’t have the energy for really long stretches of not sitting down. The bugaboo is really expensive but I have a version 1.1 And they are now on version 3 so I think you could get a secondhand v1 pretty cheap. There are very few differences between the models -
One of the main ones is the newer ones have foam filled wheels instead of air but you can upgrade the wheels if you wanted to. I also have an uppababy vista (got it secondhand for £300) and that is also really good for two if you want a single width pram, the children can face each other with one higher than the other. Definitely worth looking into that one - huge basket underneath too.

The other thing you might want to look at is a big change bag. With two in nappies in different sizes plus needing drinks, maybe bottles, snacks in there you soon run out of space. I ended up with a bucket style bag that was really
Good for having 3.

also worth thinking about Is the sleeping situation. My 15 month old was not ready for a big girl bed and didn’t go in one until she was about 2 and a half, we had two Stokke sleepi cots (both secondhand) one in the full size and one set up in the new baby mini size.

With two under two you find you need to find ingenious ways to be hands free as much as possible to still help/play with the toddler. Things I found helped were one of those automated swinging chairs, the baby loved and could sit and watch his sister play. Bouncy chair is good too but the swing really seemed to be his thing. I had a bouncy chair in the bathroom too and a gate on the door. Buy plenty of gates :rotfl: basically you want to be able to keep them all safe in one place while you do things. So In the morning baby went in the bathroom bouncy chair, toddler left loose in the bathroom with a few toys while I had a shower with the gate closed. Gates on the top and bottom of stairs. On the toddlers bedroom and one on the playroom. As baby got older I switched the bathroom bouncy chair for one of those small activity bouncers - a bit like a Jumperoo but much cheaper one just to keep him busy. We had a jumperoo downstairs in the playroom for
Him.

high chairs - probably going to need two, I had a fancier one that reclined and removable tray etc for the baby and just the £10 Ikea one for toddler.

once I had 3 Of them I obviously just carried on with all of these things but the two older ones were just playing while youngest was in the
Bouncer etc.
Thank you so much for your time and effort to give me that advice i really appreciate it and qill take it all on board. I was 100% thinking of a swinging chair thing to. Wow to have 3 under 3 I think your amazing. I was look for like a double changing bag cant seem to find any so I was thinking to rucksacs to attach to them pram unless you have any suggestions. I have seen chairs for food timw that can last from 6 months to 36 months i was thinking of getting 2 of those. How many baby gates do you have at home? At them moment I have 2 up and i am sure I will need more. Thank you for taking your time to help me. Xx

My last two were 14 months apart. Definitely get a double pushchair! My favourite changing bag is the Pink Lining wonderbag. I got it on offer for £35.

It was fine though (now 18mths and 2.5yrs).

My last two were 14 months apart. Definitely get a double pushchair! My favourite changing bag is the Pink Lining wonderbag. I got it on offer for £35.

It was fine though (now 18mths and 2.5yrs).
I was thinking of getting the red kite double buggy and putting a universal carry cot in to it for newborn. Ok brilliant I will look into that bag. Thanks for advice xx

Thank you so much for your time and effort to give me that advice i really appreciate it and qill take it all on board. I was 100% thinking of a swinging chair thing to. Wow to have 3 under 3 I think your amazing. I was look for like a double changing bag cant seem to find any so I was thinking to rucksacs to attach to them pram unless you have any suggestions. I have seen chairs for food timw that can last from 6 months to 36 months i was thinking of getting 2 of those. How many baby gates do you have at home? At them moment I have 2 up and i am sure I will need more. Thank you for taking your time to help me. Xx

no problem, happy to help!

we have a gate on the top and bottom of the stairs (don’t need the bottom one now but when they are at the crawling climbing stage it’s worth it!) then there are 3 other gates too. I did also have one of those big metal playpen things but hardly ever used it x

no problem, happy to help!

we have a gate on the top and bottom of the stairs (don’t need the bottom one now but when they are at the crawling climbing stage it’s worth it!) then there are 3 other gates too. I did also have one of those big metal playpen things but hardly ever used it x
Ok brilliant thank you I will have to buyinb some baby gates then lol x x

We’ve got a stair gate on the top and bottom of the stairs, and one on the kitchen door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back