Twitchy baby

Can someone reassure me its normal for a baby to be twitchy? I know it is when they sleep, but Damien does it when he is awake too, his legs start twitching for about 5-10 seconds. Is this normal?

Naomi twitches a lot while asleep but sometimes she is asleep with her eyes open. Have you noticed that with Damien? It's a bit freaky but she's definitely asleep and she's got REMs and everything just her eyes are open.

Sue

hmm ive personally not heard of this so not sure really, (great lot of help i am!!!! lol) maybe ask HV if you are worried, im sure its nothing to worry about but it will just give you some reassurance!

Hi

When I was pregnant I kept feeling a vibrating sensation in my tummy. My midwife didnt have a clue what it was. Anyway since Isaac has been born his legs twitch and vibrate from time to time. I asked the health visitor about it and she said it is due to the nerves and muscles in a baby being under developed. This is also why some babies go cross eyed because the eye muscles and nerves are also under developed. Its perfectly normal she told me. She did say I can help by massaging his legs so I have been everytime I change his nappy and feed him.

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back