Twitches, stretching and pulling sensations

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

I wish I didn't get so paranoid but is it natural to be getting twitchy, stretchy feelings kind of inside where I imagine my pelvis is? Sometimes I get it if I stand up too quickly and I get it when I need the loo- I don't seem to get it at night or when I'm lying down. My tummy has grown by 2 centemetres in 5 days which is crazy- is this just ligaments stretching that I'm feeling? (I'm at 14 weeks today) Sometimes it seems to be coming from my vaginal area though and that's what is worrying me most I think as I freaked myself out by researching incompetant cervixes last night.

Thanks as ever! Just wish I could remain non-paranoid!
+++

Don't worry I've had these feeling too and it's very normal.
Your cervix has to stretch and grow for your baby so it's not unusual to feel funny sensations.

Phew! So so glad it's not just me! When I tried to research cervix stretching feelings last night all I could find was horror stories.

Thank you so much! I will try to calm down now!
+++

p.s. I should not google symptoms. I should not google symptoms. I should not google symptoms.....!

Hi. with this pregnancy instead of feeling fluttering when the baby first moved I felt more stretching symptoms, maybe you are feeling something early?

All sounds normal to me anyway, you get all manner of weird aches and twinges as everything grown inside with the baby getting bigger. I am on my 3rd pregnancy and I got aches and twinges as the womb got bigger with all my pregnancies.

Hi,

wow that's a really nice thought- thanks! It's so hard to know what's normal and what might not be and I don't want to ignore anything that might need attention obviously! I had a lot of cramping as my muscles stretched right at the beginning of my pregnancy too so I guess it's just the way my body works.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies- it's really really appreciated :)

+++

it might be worth getting this hecked out i'm sre it's fine but i've been getting them in hat feels like my cervix and when i went for my scan yesterday they told me my cervix is shortening :cry:

Hi Manda

I'm very sorry to hear that. Are they able to do anything about it - are you having to stay in bed?

LBxx

i've been on bed rest since i found out this is my 1st time on in ages, i got midwife tomorrow so should know more

I hope you get some good news tomorrow - let us know xx

I was just about to do a new post asking the same questions about pulling and stretching pains, like period pains really. Im glad they are normal still makes me worry sometimes, but getting used to it all now!!!!

Natalie x

Hi Manda,

sorry I hadn't replied sooner. I do hope that everything goes well for you- how did it go with the midwife?

Thinking of you
+++

Things went ok i suppose with the midwife i had a dr come to see me too my cervix shortened by 0.5cm in 15 mins my choices are to be monitored closely or to have a stich put in cervix which can lead to premature labour, bleeding and infection, i have to go back this wed for another scan and to see the dr after much thought i have decided to have the stich done or else i'm going to be completely insane by the time baby is born, i'm constantly worried so please send me plenty of luck :?

mand x x

Hi,

wishing you all the luck there is Manda. It must be a very worrying time for you but thank God they noticed it early enough to be able to do something and keep a special eye on you.

+++

Thanks! went to drs on wed and my cervix was nearly normal length so they wont do stitch i have to go back in 2 weeks and have another scan and see dr again to see the length then, i feel so run down, i'm trying not to worry but it's hard not to, i keep telling myself i'm getting closer to 24 weeks cos i know the baby will have some chance of surviving if born then or after will keep you informed how things go.

Mand x x

Hi Manda,

glad it seems to have righted itself. I'm not surprised you feel run down, it's been really stressful for you.

Hope you're getting lots of rest and tlc

+++

I have not got any pains but here is what i feel:
I feel like my belly is stretching forward, like something is pushing it to the outside very hard. I don't really know how to describe it but it is a strange feeling. Could it be the baby positionning towards the front do you think?Sometimes I am thinking the skin might not be strong enough to hold the growth lol

hi manda, good luck with everything, im sure everything is fine, and good news thats cervix is back 2 normal. What is cervix shortening? iv never heard of it before.
I have had all sorts of aches and twinges and shooting pains on and off, im sure it is just muscles expanding alot is going on inside our bodies making room for baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back