Twinges

Potternutter

Reaction score
Hello,
New to tri 1!!

Does anyone else get sharp twinges every now and again on one side of your uterus shooting down into your groin? I get 1 or 2 of these a day, only lasting for a minute. They are quite sharp and not always on the same side.

Have my first appointment tomorrow so I can ask then but still worrying!

I've had the odd twinge and sharp pains not really sure what it is but hoping its just the uterus stretching.

Xxx

I've got exactly this and would love to know what it is! X

I had this early on and later it moved to very sharp twinges across my lower abdomen. My GP, midwife and the lovely lady at the EPU reassured me that it was just stretching pains and nothing to be worried about.

Stretching pains can feel just as if your on a period... It's really uncomfy sometimes! I occasionally got the pains shoot up my lady parts and up my bottom! I believe it's all normal :) my baby's heartbeat is going strong :) so try not to worry. You'll get all sorts of twinges and pains. :) just if there's ever any blood with pain contact midwife or someone ASAP :)

Other than that enjoy your stretches haha :) (they do calm down) I don't often get them anymore :) x

I've had this too and everythings ok with me. Ive been reassured that stretching of the ligaments can happen from very early on in the first trimester.

haha get used to odd feelings, i'm still getting weird twinges. Just think how much everything is changing and growing and it all makes sense...
Also even from very early on, ligaments become more stretchy and get ready to move. Your round ligament end up stretching to 16cm I read somewhere - ouch!

Oh fab! Just reassuring knowing others have it to! I googled it but it seemed to suggest ligament stretching pain comes later so I got worried! However if you've all had it early on that puts my mind at ease!!

Major period pain like aches today! Including heavy legs! Haha!

I had this too relatively early - from about 4-6 weeks. Assured by my doc too that it was stretching / uterus and womb making room for the baby. Only worry if there's pain accompanied by bleeding x

Did anyone get a really full bloated lower abdomen really early? Mine is rock solid haha

Yup! Also had that from about 5-7 weeks. Caused by constipation! x

That makes sense to me now! Haven't been to toilet for ages!

I got it and still do as its growing pains from your baby growing lovely and strong :)

xx

Thanx chick. I have defo got af type cramps today! Hope it's a good sign x

I too get twings quite a lot so im glad that its not just me!!

Michelle. x

I had tons of period pains in the first weeks - so much so I was sure af was coming. They went but seemed to of come back again in tri 2 but not as bad x

I have been getting twinges as well. Spoke to my sister (she is 5 and a half months pregnant) and she gets them too. Apparently she spoke to the midwife and it is everything stretching x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back