Twin mums, questions :)

Phoenix85

Reaction score
At what point in your pregnancy could you tell you were having two babies?(If at all)

Was it due to more movement, or size of your bump, or just knowing (like intuitively)?

I know scans tell you, but was there a point in your pregnancy where you could feel it, if you know what I mean?

I haven't had a scan (my choice) and my bump is already pretty big for 22 weeks. And the midwife said my uterus felt higher than expected at 13 weeks. But didn't say anything at my 20 week appointment.
And now my mum and my friend keep 'joking' about there being two in there (actually my mum is more horrified by the prospect lol.)

Just wondered if there was ever a way you could tell apart from via the scans.

(Oh and a friend found something online that said a midwife can usually confirm a twin pregnancy from around 28 weeks, but I'm more interested in whether you as a mum felt it or could tell :) )

At what point in your pregnancy could you tell you were having two babies?(If at all)

Was it due to more movement, or size of your bump, or just knowing (like intuitively)?

I know scans tell you, but was there a point in your pregnancy where you could feel it, if you know what I mean?

I haven't had a scan (my choice) and my bump is already pretty big for 22 weeks. And the midwife said my uterus felt higher than expected at 13 weeks. But didn't say anything at my 20 week appointment.
And now my mum and my friend keep 'joking' about there being two in there (actually my mum is more horrified by the prospect lol.)

Just wondered if there was ever a way you could tell apart from via the scans.

(Oh and a friend found something online that said a midwife can usually confirm a twin pregnancy from around 28 weeks, but I'm more interested in whether you as a mum felt it or could tell :) )

I am currently 32+weeks with twins and I knew from about 5 weeks. This is my second pregnancy and I felt completely different from my first. The pregnancy "signs" were so much stronger this time round. Hubby and I kept joking it was twins and then at an early scan at 7 weeks we found out it is indeed twins.
I think I just knew instinctively!

I'm about 95% certain there's just the one in there, it's jut with my bump being quite big and not having a scan to prove one way or the other there's that 5% doubt that ,makes me think there could be another in there lol

Oh also this time round I got a strong BFP at CD32 which is actually the day I usually get my period, with my last two I was around day 34 before I got a BFP. This time I had awful nausea til 14 weeks and still feel a bit iffy most evenings, but with my first two I didn't get any nausea at all. That alone isn't proof though, I think it's just circumstantial lol.

Last edited:
I'm a twin and my mum didn't have any scans. They didn't know there were two of us until the day we were born - quite a shock! Ha ha x

I wouldn't have known until probably birth had I not have had a scan. Ive had far less sickness this time with twins than I did with singleton DD. I've found it much much harder earlier this time though. I'm 35 weeks and I'm utterly exhausted and struggling to do most things. Had I have not been scanned i would have thought this was just to do with being pg with a toddler haha

My friend is 26 weeks this is baby number 3/4 but she says she noticed a big diff because how quickly she was big, sore and now she says she feels like they have run out of room already.

She can also see various limbs poking out everywhere.

Ooh I wonder if itll be 1 or 2 lol.

xxxx

Haha, thank you for your replies.

I'm quite excited to know myself, knowing there's that possibility haha!

This is my 22 week bump!

I'm going to make sure my midwife has a really good feel at my 28 week appointment lol!

Attachments

• forum22weeks3days.jpg
    forum22weeks3days.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 50
I'm pregnant with identical twins :) 7 weeks and 1 day. This is my first but I already have a bump showing :) xxxx

Will you not have any scans at all?

I understand maybe not getting a twelve week scan but I would have thought the anomaly scan would be pretty important. I would want to know where my placenta is as if it's too low it can cover the cervix. Also, if baby has any conditions that would require immediate attention after birth, I would want the teams on standby, which obviously they wouldn't be if you'd had no scans.

Obviously it's your pregnancy and your choice. I know that you choose not to have scans as you don't believe they are safe, but for me personally I think the risk of not having scans is greater.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back