**********Twin Mummies thread***********

Nikkiportia

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
As suggested by Scattyash, i thought i would start up a thread for us all over here now that we have had our babies. And of course welcome any new and exsisting twin mummies too!
My b/g twins were born on the 10th May by elective section as they were both breech all through the later stages of pregnancy. I found the section nerve wrecking and needed sedating, but it went smoothly and i have been pleased with the healing, i am already walking out and about with my babies. I think after enduring the last stages of twin pregnancy, i feel amazing now in comparison! Stitches came out today, and i was pleased that i didnt fall apart ;)
Any pain i have is really quite minimal and my belly has shrunk considerably!
Catalina weighed 5lb and Santiago 5lb 7oz and after losing a little weight the following days, have now started to put on a little bit.
Catalina is a quiet little girl, with the most thoughtful little face and eyes, she is tiny compared to her brother, she feeds well and sleeps easily.

Santiago is my chubby cheeked little man! They found a little hole in his heart, which they scanned at three days old, but they are not worried at all, and say it will close up as it is really small. My OH had one too, and never had any issues, so i am not concerned. Santiago is not as quiet as his sister, he hates being changed and pulls the grumpiest faces!

Overall, things are going well, my mum has been here to help during the days which has been a life saver! Nights are hard, its tricky when you get one to sleep and then the other wakes up! I am exclusively breast feeding, feeding tandem for the time being, but that will probably change when my mum goes and OH is at work because it is so hard to pick them both up and position them, and they have a habit of falling asleep halfway through. At the moment they feed every 2 and a half to 3 hours, and i wake up the other to feed them both. I will find the best way for me eventually, especially as i will have to deal with the night feeds alone soon too, my OH has to work, and i will kill him expecting him to get up during the night. I am just thrilled that they are established with latching on, and that after the initial pain of the engorgment, my breasts have finally settled down :)

Anyway, for the time being, i must go, duty calls as usual!

Sorry to impose on your thread!! Didn't want to read and run.I just wanted to say your babies are just beautiful!!! Huge congratulations and well done feeding them both. I can only imagine how hard that is as I've only fed one at a time xxx

Gorgeous! It was my romantic ideal to have boy girl twins when pregnant with my first, but now having had a baby the thought of twins next time terrifies me!! You however look like you are coping brilliantly. xxx

Your twins are just the cutest little things Nicki! And a huge pat on the back for breastfeeding them both, you are doing amazingly well xxx

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Bless you ladies, thanks :) I do feel a little like daisy the cow at times!
I am pleased to report i have just made it through my first solo night. I wanted to try and do it alone and sleep them in the carrycots as they wont settle in their cot very well. So i slept on the sofa whilst OH got a full night. They had me up at 2am and i managed to tandem feed, change, then top up feed and put them back down. They have let me sleep til 6am, and now i am feeding her as she woke first. I can hear him rousing now, so think i will tandem again and get it done.
Really pleased though, and i know OH will be a happy bunny this morning! Plus i have actually had 5 hrs sleep myself :)

Congratulations and welcome to baby and toddler- where the fun really begins!!

I followed your other thread so lovely to see you here with your gorgeous babies

Plenty of help in hand in this section, even if most of us are twinny mummies!! Xx

Nikki the babies are gorgeous,
Did you get put to sleep for your section?
I thought it was very scary walking into the theatre and knowing what was gonna happen,
I thought I would freak out and need putting to sleep but I had a laughing fit instead its weird how adrenaline kicks in, I think that I just had enough of the induction and just wanted it over I'm still shocked that I requested the section after how scared I was for months,
How are you finding the nights?
I'm still not having much luck breastfeeding, I'm on tablets for milk supply but not seeing any change as yet,
I'm still quiet sore but I'm doing the school run now and doing a lot more but do find that after walking and pushing the pram I do end up sore,
Also my stretch marks are very sore on my skin,
And my tummy is horrible very saggy but has gone down loads,
How are you finding being a twin mummy in general? Xx

Hey scatty, i was awake for the section, but freaking out so much that they sedated me and i was high as a kite for it, lol! I didnt realise until hours later when the OH told me. I was just shaking so uncontrollably, they had to do something. What a weirdo :)
Anyway, nights have been ok, they feed roughly every 3 hours, and take about 20-30 mins on the breast, then we change, wind, and put back down. The nights when they fall asleep easily are great, but we have had a couple of moaning noghts when one or the other gets upset about something. But to be honest, i think we are getting into a good routine now, and they seem much happier. OH is more tired than me, but he has gone back to work this week,, and despite me trying to give him sleeptime, he still looks exhausted.
My wound is a little sore in a couple of places, a little bit stingy where it hasnt sealed 100percent, and i have a saggy lower belly of course. The area of stretch marks is very very tender, and probably more painful than the wound, i have been wearing my big over bump pants and support pants to hold it all together a bit, and it is more comfortable that way.
Stepped on the scales for the first time today, very brave! Was a little horrified to be honest, but i have lost half of what i had put on, so its not too bad i guess. Still a long way to go until i can get my old clothes on though, damn it! Living in my maternity stuff still for the time being, even though the bump has gone, hoping that the breast feeding will work its magic over the next few weeks ;)

Hope all is well with you scatty, sorry to hear you are struggling with milk supply, have you tried expressing? OH brought me an electric pump which the hospital kind of forced on us, it was pricey, but works really well and fast, and i am hoping to get a good freezer full so i can get the odd nights sleep later on down the line. I have been so lucky though, nipple pain has been minimal, and they latch really well in general.

Being a twin mummy is awesome ;)

All your twinnies are absolutely stunning you must be so in love with them xx

I don't blame you, it is a extremely scary thing, I am still so shocked that I requested it and went thru it awake!
I'm so glad it's over and done with now, I think I would go for the section again but I think the fact that I just had enough helped me be brave and the fact that they done the section within 2 hours of me asking for it, so I didn't have a lot of time to worry myself,
My skin on my tummy is the worst part of the pain, my clothes rub on it and makes it sting so bad,
My tummy wobbles when I walk and feels strange.

I'm trying to pump but my breast pump is shit and I don't think it is helping much,
I'm thinking of renting a hospital grade one but not sure if i can build up my supply now incase I've left it too late
My poor bubbas are poorly,
Alicia is projectile vomiting and lil Mikey is consterpated got drs this afternoon with them,
They had me up till 5am so shattered,
My husband is back at work now as having to do nights myself what's hard as takes over an hour to sort them out and then by the time you fall back to sleep an hour later they wake lol.. They worth it tho I manage to get most my sleep between 7am and 11am where they sleep until I wake them, x

Last edited:
Sorry to hear they are poorly :( how did it go at the docs?
I had a terrible night, Santiago had terrible tummy ache, and screamed from midnight til 5:30am, so i have had very little sleep. He seems ok now though and is happily having his morning feed.
I had taken them out into Madrid yesterday with my mum, and had a nightmare trip, had to feed Catalina out as she woke up hungry, but Santiago managed to go much longer until we got home. So when i fed him, he mustve overfed and then he cluster fed all evening, resulting in the belly ache.
Lesson learned!
Was so hard seeing him cry so much though, really tugs at the heartstrings. Just glad my mum was here to advise and help, otherwise i wouldve been in meltdown! She leaves on sunday though, arrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back