Turns out I've been torturing V all this time :S

ISH

Reaction score
All sorts of trouble brewing with breastfeeding these days!

Poor Vincent has been choking, crying and fighting at the boob lately, I thought it might be because he's not used to it any more because of bottle or because of my fast flow, but I discarded that, because other times he feeds perfectly.

Well, last night he was worse than ever, he was beating me full force, choking and crying, and I noticed I was spraying the wall with milk. It looked powerful as f**k! So it WAS the flow which was too strong for him, my poor baby, he couldn't cope with it. The times he fed well were probably when my boobs were not too full.

I must be producing lots more milk than he needs because of expressing.

And I've gone through 3 electric breast pumps already, they keep breaking on me!! I've been analysing and overanalysing, I have no idea if it's something I'm doing which breaks them or they are just crap :wall2:

I have fast flow sometimes but bit all the time. Can you express a little then put him on?

My little man is a piggy so I think he doesnt mind that the milk flows out of me!! Im amazed at the amount that I can express in one go!!
xxx

I have fast flow sometimes but bit all the time. Can you express a little then put him on?
It's hard to find the right timing :( He always seems to be asleep when I'd like to put him on.

Well, there. F*(*(ng 3rd pump broken, lasted all of 2 days. And they have a 24 month warranty!!!

I just use the swing and pump in to the supplied container or one of their storage bags (which you can attach to the pump) and then pour the milk into the bottle when I am ready to use it. Hate expressing but pleased with the swing. Use at least once a day and still fine for second child

I got the TT closer to nature, doing well with it do far, but dunno if it's just those bottles you can attach, not played with enough to figure that out.

Xx

I have a spectra 3 one that I am hoping to use once Riven is born, according to reviews its the ones used in hospitals :)

It has fittings for wider necked bottles and 'normal' necked bottles too xx

I just use the swing and pump in to the supplied container or one of their storage bags (which you can attach to the pump) and then pour the milk into the bottle when I am ready to use it. Hate expressing but pleased with the swing. Use at least once a day and still fine for second child
I use it every 2-3 hours, I feed the baby expressed milk almost exclusively. I refuse to believe I break them because of overuse, otherwise why would they have a warranty of 24 months :shock:

Hun i can send you medela swing, u have spare unused valve as well and some storage bags if you are ok to pay p&p. Havent used mine much

sent from my Galaxy s2

^^ how nice is that eh!?

All I can say is OMG no wonder the poos been coming out at such speed the other end if what's going in is anything to go by :lol:

Hun i can send you medela swing, u have spare unused valve as well and some storage bags if you are ok to pay p&p. Havent used mine much

sent from my Galaxy s2
You are an angel!:love: I'll message you :hug:

I have this problem too, Lo comes off coughing and I'm spraying everywhere! I don't express though so god knows why its happening! xx

I get this first thing in the morning and Kynon almost chokes and then spray everywhere but its fine at night. Are you using electric or manual pumps? I have an electric advent but don't use it so much now as he won't take the bottle but its been fine so far! Maybe hand express just before he feeds if you can so you don't have all the hassle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Vincent doesn't just cough, he cries and is generally very upset, nearly breaks my heart, because he really can't feed properly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back