Turkey??? Please help!!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Kim, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be going to Turkey in about 4 weeks, but I have heard that I may need jabs???

Midwife didn't know but said I couldn't have them. Now I'm panicking that I might get malaria or typhoid, or that doc will say I shouldn't go.

Anyone know???

2. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi Kim

I've never been to Turkey before so don't have first hand experience but from the UK governments website I found this link:

http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/

Hope it helps

Lucy

3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Lucy that was really useful. I think you only need them to go to remote parts, not tourist parts, but I am going to call the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks again. x

4. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hey Kim,

I had to have jabs when i went to turkey, i went to marmaris which is a tourist town. i think i had 4 in all.

5. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Just spoken to the nurse at my doctors surgery and she said that although the jabs are advised, they are not necessary if you are careful and that pregnant women cannot have them as there is no research as to what harm they might do the baby. So I have been told to stay away from salad, fruit, shellfish and undercooked food (which I would anyway). Apparantly, most people don't even bother to get them. So I can get excited about my holiday again now - YIPEE!!