Tummy tuck abroad

Cristy

Reaction score
Girls i need help. Has any of you experienced tummy tuck surgery after having babies. I have 3 children and the skin on my tummy is very loose, it is hanging around and i do not feel well about it. I try to hide it under huge tops but i do not want to be like this forever. Did some exercise programs also but not much result. It has been almost two years and i want to look good again so i am thinking of tummy tuck surgery. What would be even better to have it somewhere in EU because wherever i checked it is cheaper than UK. Any recommendation of any good clinics? Thx

I saw something on the news recently about people going abroad for cosmetic surgery as it was cheaper - I'd be very careful and thoroughly research the clinics, because although it's much cheaper you don't get any of the after care that you would if you were in the UK. In addition, there are some places which make people sign contracts agreeing that they are not allowed to share any negative reviews/comments after the surgery, so it might be difficult to get genuine impartial reviews of some clinics.

The RCS has a page with some advice: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/patient-care/cosmetic-surgery/having-surgery-abroad/

Honestly hun your best off sticking to the UK for it. I've seen so many horror stories of people who have gone abroad for surgery and come back in some awful states. Speak to your gp about it tell them that it's effecting your day to day life ect and they will be able to guide you. My SIL just had her tummy done in a private hospital just on the outskirts of Chester think it was Nuffield health and they did a fab job for her and she had really good aftercare

I'd say with any type of plastic surgery you get what you pay for! Do your research. Lots of places offer payment plans if you can't pay it upfront.

I first thought that it would be UK but i know someone who did travel and was happy with result and also the care. Yes usually the stitches and that post op care would be in UK but i think they are used to it. Anyway i am still deciding between UK and maybe Czechia, because i found some good clinics so will see. I am grateful for any advice

People definitely have success stories abroad. But they're people who do a bucket load of research, ask a million questions when they go for a consult and don't jump into anything. Here in Aus a lot of people go to Thailand for surgery. It can go amazingly or horribly depending on how much research you do. Hopefully you'll find a good clinic x

Couple of years i had my tummy fixed in Prague. Similar like you, had child and my skin was stretched for ages and never got back:-( I never really thought it will happen to me, but it is different for everyone. Someone looks like model straight after birth and for someone it takes time to get back. Unfortunately we are those not lucky ones who will suffer for rest of our life or have to do something about it. Anyway i waited little but when it did not go back after year or so i started to do research about tummy tuck. Clinics in Uk asked lot and i had one consultation i had to pay for. Then i found this clinic. I had free online consultation and everything went so fast and smooth i could not resist. They had coordinator who literally helped with arranging most of the things, like hotel, transfer. It was helpful. What was good i stayed in centre of Prague so i could enjoy the city. It is lovely. Staff at Forme clinic was very nice and caring and honestly i felt even good after surgery. It took time for getting the result you want because it will get swollen, but have had never regretted. Price was very good when i compared to uk clinics but can not tell if anything has changed since. Good luck with your research

Couple of years i had my tummy fixed in Prague. Similar like you, had child and my skin was stretched for ages and never got back:-( I never really thought it will happen to me, but it is different for everyone. Someone looks like model straight after birth and for someone it takes time to get back. Unfortunately we are those not lucky ones who will suffer for rest of our life or have to do something about it. Anyway i waited little but when it did not go back after year or so i started to do research about tummy tuck. Clinics in Uk asked lot and i had one consultation i had to pay for. Then i found this clinic. I had free online consultation and everything went so fast and smooth i could not resist. They had coordinator who literally helped with arranging most of the things, like hotel, transfer. It was helpful. What was good i stayed in centre of Prague so i could enjoy the city. It is lovely. Staff at Forme clinic was very nice and caring and honestly i felt even good after surgery. It took time for getting the result you want because it will get swollen, but have had never regretted. Price was very good when i compared to uk clinics but can not tell if anything has changed since. Good luck with your research

I know this clinic. Are you happy with the result? I sent them contact form and they called me back very fast. I did not expect that. Then I had consultation with dr Benes couple of months ago regarding my excess skin. He was great and honestly i will book myself probably by summer next year for tummy tuck. I had to leave it for now because i have some problems so unfortunately it has to wait.

I know this clinic. Are you happy with the result? I sent them contact form and they called me back very fast. I did not expect that. Then I had consultation with dr Benes couple of months ago regarding my excess skin. He was great and honestly i will book myself probably by summer next year for tummy tuck. I had to leave it for now because i have some problems so unfortunately it has to wait.

My tummy looks great, now even the scar is faded so it is not visible so much. Of course it is still there it will not disappear for good. And it is hidden under my briefs. It looks still the same good so i have nice waist. The clinic was good, service as i expected so i would not hesitate if i were you. Fingers crossed

Hi. Can I ask you how long did the recovery take? When were you able to move normally, I mean lifting something or even exercising? Was the scar red for long? And what about flying home? Sorry I am so curious but I am scheduled with Forme clinic for April and little nervous. My surgeon will be dr. Krizko, I spoke to him and ask him so many silly questions I thought he will get mad But he was great, answered everything very calm, so I was glad.

I would say the worst was first month, because I could not move much, well I could walk but did not lift anything and first days was even sitting painful. But if you can it is best to stay at home at least 2 weeks and just relax. First 2 months I really avoided any physical activities, and then I started slowly to move more. But everyone’s body is different. The scar is painful for a while and scabby, but then you just feel little weird and swollen those first 2 months. Then it gets better. Just give it a time and do not expect perfect body next month it can really heal few months, but does not mean you can not do any activities. But believe it is worth to wait for the result. Looks great. Flying was fine just find comfy position to sit. If anything just ask. Good luck

I would say the worst was first month, because I could not move much, well I could walk but did not lift anything and first days was even sitting painful. But if you can it is best to stay at home at least 2 weeks and just relax. First 2 months I really avoided any physical activities, and then I started slowly to move more. But everyone’s body is different. The scar is painful for a while and scabby, but then you just feel little weird and swollen those first 2 months. Then it gets better. Just give it a time and do not expect perfect body next month it can really heal few months, but does not mean you can not do any activities. But believe it is worth to wait for the result. Looks great. Flying was fine just find comfy position to sit. If anything just ask. Good luck

Thanks Pittypat. Actually I do feel much calmer, I am getting more excited. It was just the beginning I felt unsure and nervous. I feel good about the clinic and I spoke to the coordinator couple of days ago because I wanted to ask something and she was lovely and very helpful. Will give update later.

Thanks girls for all your replys. I tried to contact this Forme clinic. I have booked consultation in couple of weeks. So excited. I would be happy to pay the price, it is so much lower then here in UK. Can i just ask you how did you manage to go by plane back home? Was not it uncomfortable? I know it is just few hours but was not it painful when you were sitting. Did you have any friend or someone traveling with you?

Thanks girls for all your replys. I tried to contact this Forme clinic. I have booked consultation in couple of weeks. So excited. I would be happy to pay the price, it is so much lower then here in UK. Can i just ask you how did you manage to go by plane back home? Was not it uncomfortable? I know it is just few hours but was not it painful when you were sitting. Did you have any friend or someone traveling with you?
I would advice you to wait before going directly back home on a plane. I am a flight attendant we are not allowed to fly until 3 weeks after a surgery. When you are in an aircraft, the air/gasses expands, making you bloated, any air or gas trapped in your belly after surgery will expand and will put a lot of pressure on your stitches. Not only is there a chance that the stitches might give way and reopen the wound, severe stress on the tissues surrounding the wound might lead to irritation due to the straining. I would be very careful about flying after such a major surgery.x

Thank you for your reply Kitana. I have friend in Prague so I will be staying with her for a while. So after 2 nights at the clinic I will stay in apartment for few more nights and then I will move with her. But It was told me I could fly earlier but, only will have to walk little on plane Can not wait to have new tummy, that is for me priority now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back