tummy time

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Charlie absolutely hates it! Supposed to be half an hour isnt it? He lasted 5 mins before screaming :mad:

My first was like that so we hardly ever did it. He was absolutely fine, no ill effects from not doing it so I wouldn't stress yourself out about it hun x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thank you :) my oh is obsessed with getting him to roll over etc but even with a pillow and toys he still hates it.

My little man hates it so much that he actually rolls himself over!! I read that putting him in a bouncy chair is an alternative its just so they have different positions to build up their muscles!!
xxx

My first wouldn't do it at all luck if he did for 5 mins!! it didn't harm him not doing it have u tried laying him on u when ur lying down! I used to panic that he wouldn't do it but he rolled himself onto his front when was 7-8 months and didn't mind it so much then xx

Mine despises it too!

Grace didn't mind it but preferred to be in her back do hardly did it but now she rolls over just fine

Kynon seems to like it! We were told at baby sensory to only do a minute per month old three times a day so that's not a lot. You could try putting him on your bed then getting down level with him or on top of your birthing ball to make it more fun!

Tucker also hated tummy time!!!! He would get really angry and squeal the house down but once he could roll over that's all he did until he could crawl and as he didn't do that til 10 months he rolled everywhere lol I'm wondering how james will be with it lol xx

O loves it now he can lift his upper chest and head up and look around :love:

I'm not worried, Jasper spends so much time on my chest with me leaning back against the soft that it is sort of upright tummy time. He pushes himself up to look around and holds his head up, so i know he's working the muscles that way

Yeah, doesnt mind being on me just not on the floor, he can lift himself etc but still hates it, not tried it for a while before today. Ive just been on my back and lay him on my legs and pretending hes superman flying :) hes laughing his head off! Killing my muscles though as went rock climbing yesterday, feelibg it now! No tummy time for both of us! X

my girl lily when she was tiny HATED it! my 2nd alfie whos 5 months LOVES it on his front cos i seem to do it more often, i suppose they have to get used to it :)

i know that savannah would no way have spent half an hour on her tummy when she was your lo's age... She doesn't even least half an hour now!

Somebody said try it on the bed... Thats a good idea because it will have the same effect just wont be so much pressure on the tummy!

My LO hates it if I put her on her tummy on the floor but I have bought her a little la maze toy that is a ladybird that you lay them on and has an activity mat underneath and they can spin themselves round....she loves that as she is just figuring out that she can push herself a little bit with her feet....she still wouldnt do half hour tho

Ooh that sounds good, I love lamaze toys too he has a few of them, will give it a try :D xx

yeah my LO loves lamaze toys too her fav is this little not that has rings and a mirror attatched its hardley ever out of her hand

aww my LO used to love the lamaze freddie the firefly. And she tries to eat the foot finder rattles lol!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back