tummy pain when babys moving

erikenasas

Reaction score
Hello,

Im over 34 weeks pregnant and I started having this sharp strong pain in the upper part of my tummy everytime the baby moves there. Its so strong that instead of enjoying baby movements im actually dreading it. Cant sleep aswell as when I lie in the bed the baby starts moving and I have to get up and get out of the bed. When im walking, standing it feels better cause baby doesntmove as much.
Im just wondering if anyone else had or have this and how to cope with it?
Ive called the midwife line, but it wasnt much help.

Thank you.

Mine are a little uncomfortable now because when the baby moves it tends to be trying to stretch out and I get a bulge which is uncomfortable due to the skin stretching. But I still prefer it when it's squirming & stretching to when it's asleep lol.

My movements hurt sometimes to especially when it is erratic ones like a sudden leg trying to escape. I don't think I can possibly stretch anymore. There is nothing you can do unfortunately. I've found playing lullabies through my belly settles her though so you could try that x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have pains when baby kicks down on the right hand side. Started around 28 weeks or so and thought it would get horrible later on but now at 36 weeks its not as bad as then. Perhaps I got used to it.

For me it helped lying down on my left side so gravity took her away from that spot and standing up was much worse.

It doesn't hurt most of the time when she moves and I love the movements but on that spot it really hurts!!

What did your midwife say? If its unbearable I think you need to speak to someone but if painful like I had then I think unfortunately that happens to some women :( xx

Last edited:
I remember those it does hurt and become uncomfortable I think it's because they have no space left really. I'm not to sure what you can do about it but if your concerned just call your mw x

I also find movement extremely uncomfortable, I think it is normal but it shouldn't be that painful, I hated baby moving with my last pregnancy too because it was never a lovely experience for me I just felt pain and discomfort all the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back