Tummy binding ...

MrsB2105

Reaction score
I am having a quick look into tummy binding
It claims to aid recovery after a section etc, and help prevent hernias from your muscles that have stretched open during pregnancy especially with twins.
I'm not after a six pack or anything but would like to avoid the post section fold if I can and avoid any issues as everything goes back into place ... Considering I am very very stretched

Has anyone ever used one or know anyone who has?

Opinions please x

I'm planning on continuing to wear my SPD support belt for post op recovery support xx

That will do the same thing won't it? My bump support belt won't do anything as it only goes under the bump at the front, it has all the metal posts in the back for support but it's mainly for lifting the weight of the bump x

I'm no expert but I have heard it's meant to work well and a friend of the family actually did it after her two sections. She thinks it helped a lot and was quite a bit girl before but has lost weight recently and she had no 'hang' . I'd check with a medical pro first though xxxxxx

The websites I have been on say that the hospital provide something similar but I don't know how true that is x

This is the one I've got so it's quite wide and I'll start with this and see how I go xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
This isn't what I have but its a similar size x
982610f9c70cc6729cd50f1485b956b2.jpg

I suppose it depends on what you want it to do, I'm not bothered about 'hang' or anything like that to be honest, I just want it to support and compress the wound to aid healing and be more comfortable moving around.

I worried about hang, the main purpose I would like is to repair the stretched muscles preventing hernias etc, getting uterus to contract again, bit of extra back support while my back rectifies itself, aid in wound healing and hopefully avoid as much hang as I can ... My bump is so big I imagine it will cause a big overhang, plus I have this weird lump that is where they should be cutting, I showed the obstetrician she said its possibly from the abdominal muscles separating and things starting to poke through, this will be resolved during section as it is very minor, so if I can speed up some recovery I will :) x

Yeah you have a lot more going on down there than me!

I have no intentions for a 6 pack as I have never had one lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back