TTC with high risk

MamaMoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Well, im new to this forum. I already have a little girl who is now 3 years old. She was born at 27 weeks due to severe pre aclampsia. I fall into the 50/50 category for my next pregnancy. I have been saying since she was born that I wouldnt be having any more children and my Husband was going to be going in for the operation.

we have since changed our mind and are now trying for our second baby. It's all a bit frightening to be honest as it could happen again. but ive been informed that i will be well under the watchful eye of doctors and getting my bp checked every week.

Anybody else in similar position? how you coping? Im still rather afraid but def want to go ahead with plans to have my second.

Hi sweet :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your tramatic time. I'm glad you want another baby but I hope you and your hubby have looked into all the risks and made arrangement for you little one if something bad is to happen.
I know your anxious but maternity care is so much better nowdays and you should be regulary monitored to make sure everything is okay. I have never been through simular as I am yet to have a succsessful pregnancy but I used to work as a midwife support worker so I do have rough ideas about things :) ... But the girls on here are fab and so helpful! :) welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for support! We're all here for you xxxx

I had my first early due to pre-eclampsia, 36 weeks, everything seemed ok with my second but at 34 weeks got put in bedrest until he just couldn't stay in anymore, at 38 weeks, also due to pre-eclampsia...it is most likely to occur with only the first pregnancy, but can with the second and so on....I am hoping that with a third I make it longer and go into natural labor instead of having to be induced...I've researched alot and there are few things the doctors know for sure about pre-eclampsia and how it may be prevented....I know that going into TTC #3 I'm way healthier and eat better and I'm at a lower body weight...those are the only things that I found that might help....I completely understand your fear, even though my little ones weren't born quite as early as yours, I still found it quite upsetting and stressful....good luck with #2 for you guys!!! If you need a buddy to listen, let me know!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back