Ttc while breastfeeding.

Lilac14

Reaction score
I am still breastfeeding my almost 16 month old and ttc number 2. I know it can be harder to get a BFP while nursing and was wondering if anyone else is in this situation or has had success without having to wean.

My lo is nursing a lot at the moment due to teething. I got my period back at 8 months pp. Iv only been ttc for 3 cycles but I'm getting a little disheartened after googling and seeing that most people had success only after cutting way back on nursing or completely weaning. I really want her to nurse until 2 years old though. Thanks.

If it helps at all, I have a friend who has been breastfeeding her first and got pregnant whilst exclusively feeding that way. I hope you are successful

Hi Lilac.... I am still breastfeeding my 2.5yr old and just got my BFP after about 9/10minths TTC. My periods have been back since 14mo and my son now only feeds at bedtime, but I honestly considered weaning him as we were having such difficulty getting pregnant (although was dreading it as he's not ready!) Obviously no need to now as it happened eventually without having to stop!

Good luck, try not to get too disheartened but accept it might take a bit longer with the BF-info hormones in play.

Still BF-ing my 2.5 yo too but now down to a bedtime and early morning feed. I'm on my third cycle of TTC whereas I conceived during the first cycle with my other two children, so I do wonder if it is somehow related?

Are you ovulating? I guess that's the main thing really. Prolactin (the breastmilk hormone) stops us ovulating and I didn't have a period for 18 months whilst I was BF and co-sleeping with my little boy. Now he sleeps in his own bed and my periods are back and I've been ovulating again for months.

As a side, my best friend is still nursing her 2yo loads and she's about to be 32 weeks pregnant X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back