TTC - Seven Seas?

thinkpositive

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New here :wave:

Been ttc my first for 6 months now with no luck. I used to have regular periods until May this year when I gained some weight and since then my periods have been non existent :sad:

I have been to my GP and had all my bloods done and an ultrasound which came back normal. I've been told to try and lose some weight to see if that helps regulate things again. I was speaking to a friend who suggested I try the Seven Seas trying for a baby tablets. They have the recommend amount of folic acid in them and it's recommended to take them as you are ttc as they regulate hormonal activity. Anyway, I've only been on them for a week and earlier on, I went the toilet and when I wiped, there was blood??!! :oooo: I don't want to get my hopes up about it being an actual period, but I am having a lot of cramps and my face is super spotty.
Just wanted to know if any of you ladies have used seven seas trying for a baby before? Xx

Last edited:
Not taken ttc, but on the pregnancy ones. I've read quite alot on them and also pregnacare helping people conceive (I think maybe lacking in a certain vitamin, was stopping them from conceiving). You should look up vitex and fertilaid - these help regulate hormones.
I lost weight when I was ttc, it helped me regulate my cycles. I started ovulating every month instead of just some. My cycles have never been really crazy, but settled on a 33 cycle.
I'm not judging you btw, I'm still quite big tbf. Just saying the difference is amazing :) xx

Last edited:
I've been using seven seas preconception for about 10 months now. Had one month where i had a mid cycle bleed but i don't think it had anything to do with the vitamins. You could be having an ovulation bleed? implantation bleeding? who knows what goes on with our bodies :oooo:

Not taken ttc, but on the pregnancy ones. I've read quite alot on them and also pregnacare helping people conceive (I think maybe lacking in a certain vitamin, was stopping them from conceiving). You should look up vitex and fertilaid - these help regulate hormones.
I lost weight when I was ttc, it helped me regulate my cycles. I started ovulating every month instead of just some. My cycles have never been really crazy, but settled on a 33 cycle.
I'm not judging you btw, I'm still quite big tbf. Just saying the difference is amazing :) xx

Oh no don't worry about it, I know in the past when I've gained like 3 or 4lbs here and there my cycle went a bit crazy so it probably is my weight that is the issue, tackling that now though so hoping they regulate again. I will look into the ones you have suggested, I'm willing to try anything at the moment! Xx

I've been using seven seas preconception for about 10 months now. Had one month where i had a mid cycle bleed but i don't think it had anything to do with the vitamins. You could be having an ovulation bleed? implantation bleeding? who knows what goes on with our bodies :oooo:

I've never had ovulation bleeding before (not that I recall anyway) but it could well be! Implantation bleeding would be amazing but I'm such a pessimist! :oooo: X

I took 7sea's with this pregnancy also I had to take high dose folic acid too. Thing is the recommended dose is 2x the non ttc dose but if your diet doesn't contain enough folic acid it's actually slightly low for ttc. Studies show that 0.7mg is optimal for ttc where ttc pills are only 0.4! (I was on 5mg for my losses) taking too much folic acid BTW does no harm... unless you don't like thicker shinier hair and stronger healthier nails lol. My skin has never been so soft as it's been on this folic acid! I'm going to take it even after birth lol.

Last edited:
I just read seven seas and jumped into the post.
I tried ONE TINY tablet. Seven seas pre conception.
My god I ended up phone NHS because I had such such such burning pain at my upper abdomen
I threw them out straight away.
Not saying it'll do that to you but it happen to me and a few other people aswell when I checked online

Did you take it after food. All pills should be taken on a full stomach. I've got a sensitive stomach and can't have some pills due to it. But luckily I've never had a problem with 7sea's and find them miles better than most pre conception pills because they are smaller and easier to swallow.

Last edited:
That's why I was chuffed. Cause they'll be easier to take which they Were.
Yeah I had it just basically with dinner. Just as I finished.

I don't think the vitamins should do anything like that to you. I've just started taking Seven Seas TTC along with an omega 3 capsule but so much conflicting advice about what to take.

I tried lots of different conception vitamins in the 4+ years we spent ttc. Seven seas were my favourite, easy to take and no side effects for me. Everyone is different though, so if you find it doesn't agree with you try another. Mine made no difference to my irregular cycles (thanks pcos!) but it was good to know I was getting what was recommended in just one tiny pill. I'm now taking the Seven Seas pregnancy ones and getting on well with those too.

I've also been taking these and I've just had my first period in 7 months! Could be a coincidence but they are supposed to regulate your hormones. I've had really bad skin since taking them though, I'm constantly breaking out.. but other than that they've been great! Xx

I take it 7seas has the suggested dose of folic acid in? I suspect I'm allergic to folic acid as twice I've tried taking it in two different forms (alone and in a combined vitamin) and come out in a horrible rash plus get an upset stomach. Sorry to divert the thread but do any exist with folate in as opposed to folic acid? I take solgar folate with no side effects. x

It's very hard to get folate in the UK as far as I'm aware. Folate is a better version of folic so if you can get some great but as far as I've looked folate is nigh on impossible this side of the Atlantic.

I take it 7seas has the suggested dose of folic acid in? I suspect I'm allergic to folic acid as twice I've tried taking it in two different forms (alone and in a combined vitamin) and come out in a horrible rash plus get an upset stomach. Sorry to divert the thread but do any exist with folate in as opposed to folic acid? I take solgar folate with no side effects. x

There is plenty of folate on Amazon, I get mine regularly, I'm not sure of the make, I'll check later for you, I'm in the UK too. However I'm not sure if a pre conception pill contains folate ?. I take a multivitamin from Boots, not a pre conception one. I caught pregnant while taking it so must be ok. xx

Last edited:
I've not looked on amazon! Didn't even think of that! Oh well. Good luck hun x

It's very hard to get folate in the UK as far as I'm aware. Folate is a better version of folic so if you can get some great but as far as I've looked folate is nigh on impossible this side of the Atlantic.

I take solgar folate that I bought via amazon. But obviously to get other vitamins I have to take them individually which isn't that cost effective plus takes ages to pop them all! Lol x

There is plenty of folate on Amazon, I get mine regularly, I'm not sure of the make, I'll check later for you, I'm in the UK too. However I'm not sure if a pre conception pill contains folate ?. I take a multivitamin from Boots, not a pre conception one. I caught pregnant while taking it so must be ok. xx

I'll double check boots' multivitamins then. Thanks hun. I recently tried a boots vitamin b complex without realising it jad folic acid in and came out in the usual rash and upset stomach. So that one's in the no-go pile! Will check out their multis xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back