TTC- particular gender

ire

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have a girl and praying to have a boy next.
I have read somewhere before on best times to BD, diet, position etc for a particular gender. Can anyone help me with the link? Also any ideas are welcome.

In a book I've read if you want a certain gender, it's about timing... for a boy you need to bed as close to ovulation as possible, and do not bed the days coming up to ovulation. The female sperm live longer then male sperm, so if you bed the day before and the day of ovulation the chances of conceiving a boy will go up slightly. If you bed 3-4 day prior to ovulation the chances of having a girl will be higher.
This is not garenteed though you can still have girl if you bed the day of etc.. x

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure on spellings but I think there are the Shettles and Wilkies methods, interestingly both say the opposite of each other about the timing of sex in order to increase your chances of a certain gender.

Then there is something about eating acidic or alkaline foods for one or the other.

I've also heard about different positions but again I don't know which position is supposed to be for which gender.

If you google them that should tell you. There is no guarantee either way though, even if you paid to use sexed semen (which is not an option in the UK unless you have a genetic condition you wish to avoid passing on) there is still chance it can be the other gender as it isn't 100% guaranteed.

Personally, I feel that if there was actually a way, it would be proven with lots of clear scientific studies etc.
Interested in the theories above though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back