TTC over 40

augustus

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondered if there are any older ladies ttc? I am 42 and today I don't know I just thought I am too old. I was lucky to finally conceive again 14 months ago and have a beautiful daughter and long for a sibling near her age. (Other daughter's are in their early 20s). I suddenly felt too old today. Kind of alone and out there as an older mum. I love being a mum and after 10 years I married a few months ago, another little one would complete our family. So any older mums out there or any opinions on trying to conceive over 40 welcome. Xxx

Hey,
Happy Birthday for yesterday! I am also 40+, been trying (on and off) for 3 years now, I have been pregnant twice but sadly neither of those were meant to be :( Its a terribly hard journey and I often wonder how old is too old? I dont think anyone can answer that though but yourself! My birthday is next month which I am dreading, but I still keep plodding on hoping my time will come soon!
Wish you all the very best xx

Thank you . Think my post was confusing it wasn't my birthday yesterday not until August. I felt quite down and at 42 old for whatever reason. I am glad you replied, it was as you say how old is too old. Think I am going to give it 3 more months and then look at how I feel then. I wish you lots of luck on your journey. I hope you get your bfp soon. Thank you for helping me not feel so alone .x

Hi Augustus I have the same feelings also I turned 43 and have a 13 month will be 14 this month on the 21st.. I too have older daughters and I feel the pangs of wanting to have a sibling closer to her in age to grow up with as my two daughters are 16 and 15 and I have 2 step children that are 16 and 13 .. 2nd start with my husband just got married last year July, I agree with Stacesl3 old is really how you feel.. just wanted to say im in the same boat the feelings are there I want another if it happens but at the same time also im feeling "older" and chasing a 1 year old around is really a lot of work lol. Good Luck on what you decide .

Good luck on what you decide to do xx

Last edited:
Hello! I'm 41 with a beautiful 19 month old daughter and we're trying again. Have only been trying for 2 months, but like you I'm really worried it's just not going to happen. I got pregnant the first month of trying with my daughter.
Let's keep the positive vibes and see what happens.

Hi, I'm 43 and ttc, never been pregnant. I've been worrying a lot lately about my age, thinking I must be crazy. On the one hand feel so sad that I just didn't get the chance to try until I was 43 (never met the right man) but on the other hand thinking maybe it just wasn't meant to be and I should let it go. Turning 44 very soon. Fingers crossed for you all.

Thanks kautostar, positive vibes are definitely needed here. X

It is nice to know I am not the only older lady . All my friends are younger or older and wouldn't dream of ttc at my age.

Hi Syd43, hope you stay positive too. Wishing you lots of luck! It would be nice chatting to older ladies and feeling support in whatever the choice or outcome is. Glad you have met someone to share your dream with. Sending positive good luck your way x

Me well I was trying the SMEP plan or as close to so hoping this month is a lucky month. I hear the bodyclock ticking more than ever. I am really grateful to have some responses. Be great to chat.

Do you ladies have a ttc plan? Xx

Thank you . Think my post was confusing it wasn't my birthday yesterday not until August. I felt quite down and at 42 old for whatever reason. I am glad you replied, it was as you say how old is too old. Think I am going to give it 3 more months and then look at how I feel then. I wish you lots of luck on your journey. I hope you get your bfp soon. Thank you for helping me not feel so alone .x

Ah I see, I misread that lol :oooo: Well I am giving it to May and then just gonna see how I feel. I have already counted myself out this month as I ovulated super early. FX for next month though!!

I'm 42 and have been TTC since 2012. I've had 5 miscarriages during that time and I'm almost 6 weeks gone after not having a bfp for 17 months. I had honestly given up hope of ever seeing a bfp again!
I started taking bee propolis and royal jelly around 4 months before my bfp so I don't know if that has helped? I've also been having reflexology for the past year which really helped me to relax and stop obsessing over TTC and helped me to completely stopped the tears and devastation each month when AF would show up despite going at it like rabbits! I've also taken Bach flower remedies from time to time to settle me. I'm still early days and it could still go either way for me but I'm just trying to remain calm and continue with my reflexology sessions to keep me from being too anxious.
Good luck ladies xx

Wow Scn, that is wonderful news. I feel inspired. I wish you all the luck in the world. That has made me feel really positive. It is hard not to stress when ttc and the age factor really was getting to me. It really helps knowing I am not alone. Fingers crossed this month is a good month for me. A Bfp and knowing we are the same age, it gives me hope. Congratulations and thanks for the post! sending lots of good luck and wishes your way x

Thanks Augustus.
I know it doesn't help and it didn't help when anyone said to me 'relax and it'll happen' but I truly believe that relaxing and stopping worrying so much definitely helped me. I just started getting on with my life again instead of my whole world revolving around TTC.
I really hope your dreams come true xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back