TTC one day?

tinselcat

Reaction score
I'm now a single mother to a beautiful one-year-old boy and no social life/partner on the horizon. I'm also closer to 38 than 37 so time isn't on my side.

But I'm really broody and would love another baby.

I haven't given up hope that I can re-join TTC at some point, but for now please wish me all the best with just waiting :)

xxxxx

Wishing you all the luck TC.

Things may change for you, never give up.

Don't worry about social life too, mine is just picking up after 3 years :p

xxxx

I know a little bit about how you feel. My daughters Dad left when she was 15 months old. We'd been together 13 years and it was all a bit of a shock. I was desperate for a family and felt my chances of having the 'proper' family unit I'd longed for had vanished. It was especially hard when he got married and then announced a baby on the way!
Anyway I'm rambling. Last year I tried internet dating and have just bought a house with the most amazing man. We are currently waiting to try!
We are both in our late 30's and had both really given up hope of finding the right person.
Hang in there as miracles do happen xxxx

I know a little bit about how you feel. My daughters Dad left when she was 15 months old. We'd been together 13 years and it was all a bit of a shock. I was desperate for a family and felt my chances of having the 'proper' family unit I'd longed for had vanished. It was especially hard when he got married and then announced a baby on the way!
Anyway I'm rambling. Last year I tried internet dating and have just bought a house with the most amazing man. We are currently waiting to try!
We are both in our late 30's and had both really given up hope of finding the right person.
Hang in there as miracles do happen xxxx

Really glad to hear that things are working out for you, SoObsessed & brilliant that you ended up with someone amazing out of all this - good luck with the TTC! xx

I 2nd Internet dating if your ready.
I met my OH when little one was 15 months old she's nearly 4 now.
X

I don't have kids yet, but I highly recommend Internet dating! I met my other half online, we've been together 4 years, living together for two and we're planning to TTC in Summer.

I'm sure your perfect man is just around the corner! Xx

Aww tinsel, I'm. Sorry to hear you've become single but he wasn't worthy of you obviously.
Waiting to try is sometimes worse than trying but I'm sure you will meet someone who deserves you and your baby!

I'm on the fence with having another one so thought I'd have a look in here because maybe I belong here.
I'm trying to convince myself I just broody.
I have a boy and a girl and I'm so very lucky, but I can't imagine never been pregnant again! I'm 27 so I can wait a bit but Id hate to. Miss my chance.
My Oh mother says she regrets not having another baby and now it's too late, I'd hate to be in that situation. X

If you feel ready, I'd suggest like the ladies above.

My husband and I met online, and I've honestly never met a sweeter guy :)

I wish you all the best! :petal:

Hey all

thanks for your replies :) Glad to hear all the positive stories about meeting your perfect OHs - wishing you all the best for TTC :)

I met my (abusive) ex on internet dating, not sure how I'd feel about going through all that again! (although it was fun at the time.. but I was 28 then!) I guess I'm also afraid about what kind of person would be interested in the profile of a nearly-38 y/o with one young dependent!

I also don't know how to balance going out with looking after a baby? At the moment I have zero social life as I cuddle baby to sleep every night and there's noone else to look after him, and I don't know where to start with babysitters! I guess I'm afraid to leave him with a stranger and I don't think he'd be impressed either :/

Any tips for the above welcomed :)

linxminx (I remember you from 2011! :)) I totally get what you're saying about not imagining you'll never be pregnant again - I feel the same. Time is definitely still on your side though :)

xx

I met my now partner online.
I was very lucky that I have my mum on hand to look after my dd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2