TTC ... How long did you have a period after stopping birth control??

Lotty14

Reaction score
Hello ladies......

We are trying for our second child. I have stopped taking the mini pill about a month ago and waiting for my period..... How long did it take you to have a period?

It was around a month for me too - but then my periods for quite erratic for next 6 months. It does take a while for your body to find a balance.

Yes so it's a waiting game isn't it and different for everyone. The first time we tried I was on the implant and it took about 2 months until I had a period but thought would be quicker coming off pill but wil just have to wait. Fingers crossed I have it soon and can start trying again.

Took me 6 months and I think 8 until it was a proper one; but I was on the depo injection and that does take a lot longer than the pill

I am on my first proper cycle, and had my first period around a month after I came off the pill.
Thought it would be fine seeing as my period was exactly 4 weeks after, but not even sure if I have ovulated this month, so could be proper messed up!

Oh fingers crossed cycles come quickly and properly. When I wasn't on any birth control before my cycles were 28 days dead on. So hoping once I have the first one it follows nicely.
Hope all yours do as well. Never wanted a period so much lol

Ooh you not seen my ticker have you? Not so much trying anymore. ;) xx

Its gone so fast havent it! To think was 3 years ago we were on here together. Xx

Awwwww massive congratulations ��������������xxx

I know it's crazy how fast time has flown by.
Yes would've been like 3 years ago.
How long were you trying? I'm waiting for my first period so just at the start. Xx

I'm afraid I'm not much help but I was mid AF when I stopped.

Isn't the first bleed you have after stopping a withdrawal bleed and the one following that a real AF.

I know some can ovulate within two weeks of withdrawing...

I don't suppose it's ever an exact science.

Hello, yes I've had the withdrawal bleed few days after stopping now I'm waiting for my the first AF and hopefully ovulate and can start the process of trying again.
Strange because be around same time we started trying for my son 3 years ago.

I stopped the pill on the 21st May and had withdrawal on the 25th May were now on the 28th June and I've still not had a real AF yet. I did a pg test on the 25th June and it was negative. Think my body is adjusting still, is annoying though not knowing if and when it's going to come.

I stopped my bc cerelle known as crazette 31st may. Had withdrawal on the 1-2nd June and lasted one day.
Spotting pink/brown discharge last week after dtd.
Nipples are extremely sore and erect.
Af should be here today but nothing. I'm also feeling very emotional. Will test at weekend but again like you girls I don't know if it is the effects of bc but I've had most symptoms imaginable. I was only on the pill for 5 months and didn't take them properly in April as if we got caught pregnant we'd be very happy. Xx

And day 36 and my AF came yesterday literally within the hour of my last post yesterday lol. I felt a bit of an ache again yesterday on and off and now I know why. It was quite light yesterday and then this morning it's heavy, I forgot how heavy they can be as I'm so used to 2 days of just light brown stuff so no real need for a pad/tampax! But today I'm padded up for it!

Sorry to hear that Phoenix.

I've had extreme pregnancy symptoms from ditching mini pill 6 weeks ago

I feel pretty crap myself. I've had every symptom of pregnancy, and it turns out bfn.

I was told by my doctor to wait a for a natural cycle then try. But he said it would be fine stopping my bc anytime to become pregnant. He never told me the side effects.

I will never put a mini pill Down my throat again!!! This past month has been awful. I honestly thought I was!!
Still have not got af down to side effects and worried how long these symptoms will go on and when I will actually get it.

Fingers crossed for you on next cycle xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back