TTC Gift ideas.

Eryinera

Reaction score
Hello Girls x I wish you all success in your TTC journeys and I hope your forever babies are not waiting too long to meet you x x

I need a bit of advice and maybe some ideas?

My very good friend has started getting tests as to why she's not getting pregnant and so far they identified that she is ovulating and her husband is fine. She's had an internal investigation and that's OK. But she's having an internal scan soon and then some other tests not sure what. I think they are testing for endo and pcos.

So we have been through this journey together and she's been my rock. In over a year though she hadn't had a bfp but she has one child already who is about 6 years old. Now when I reach 13 weeks and have my scan (look at my positivity there its not easy! Lol) I know she will be happy for me she's been there for all my miscarriages and was the first person i told when i found out i was pregnant. However if I were her I'd also be a little bit sad as I'm sure you all understand!

I really wanted to get her a present a sort of ttc hamper if you will. I saved my leftover frer and cb digi's which I wanted to give her as a good luck thing a bit like the yellow bootie exchange. I was wondering if there was anything else I could get her? We all know ttc is an expensive and hard journey. I have got lots of left over folic acid (3× sealed bottles) as I now get mine on a free prescription.. but she hasn't been on a place like this and I wondered what you think is most useful? I don't mind going out and buying things I just want a nice thoughtful gift that I can get her and if it could lead to bfp for her I'd love to be able to help.

If you want to add something a bit less useful but kind of funny I remember seeing stuffed plush uterus and ovary toys. It could add a lighter note but it depends if it's something that would amuse her or not.

Maybe a pretty box of tissues and a bar of chocolate 'for the BFN months'.

Yea I like those ideas a bit of humour and a bit of chocolate hugs x ooo wonder if I could go Thornton's and get chocolate hug iced on a bar that would be cool.

I got a pretty toiletry bag from premark that I used to keep my test stash in. It opened out and had clear pockets. Better than my cardboard box and ziplock bags that I used before and quite handy for sneaking in and out of the bathroom with when not wanting to admit you are doing your 5th test of the day :).

Maybe you could put a little tag on each thing with a message/ explanation why you chose it for her.

Aww wow yea like those silly present things for big birthdays a match stick to prop the eyelids open, a marble to replace the ones you lost and a mint coz that's what you are type thing. Wow yea great idea!!

Oh and just found when looking online a box of mint cream filled chocolate willies lol teehee they are going in.

Lol, hadn't thought of that one. Goes with the theme quite well though!

I think a lovely little candle and maybe some nice bubble bath? TYC is stressful and she needs to relax as much as possible

Thank you I can certainly add that in too! I had a dream last night simikar i have actually brought lots of Bath roses as cheap stocking fillers (because you always forget someome) and in my dream family members kept asking if they can have a box to give their friends lol.

So here's how the hamper looks so far:
3x cb digital's
1x frer
5x cheaper hpts
Countless ic opks and hpts
3x folic acid bottles
4x pregnacare trying for a baby multivitamins
1x roll up cosmetic bag with 4 clear sections to put things in
1x chocolate cream willies
1x chocolate cream nipples
1x bath rose petals
1x diary to keep track of things?
A few notes here and there

Anything else? I would like to get a candle maybe and possibly some beauty things for her?

Last edited:
Just thought I'd update with pics x
Under it all is the roll up makeup bag. I didn't realise howych ttc stuff I had lol

Attachments

• 2016-10-31 09.45.11.jpg
    2016-10-31 09.45.11.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2016-10-31 09.47.09.jpg
    2016-10-31 09.47.09.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2016-10-31 09.46.11.jpg
    2016-10-31 09.46.11.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 2016-10-31 09.45.44.jpg
    2016-10-31 09.45.44.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 6
  • 2016-10-31 09.46.45.jpg
    2016-10-31 09.46.45.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 7
Im sure she will love it. It is a nice way of showing you haven't forgotten about whats going on in her life even though you are pregnant.

Aw this is the sweetest gift! She will really appreciate it I bet. Funny as I said to OH the other day if any of my friends struggle with ttc or losses I'm going to do something like that as when you're pregnant everyone fusses buying baby lovely things but when you're struggling it seems like no one else notices. Bet this will be her fave gift xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Aww thank you. I just want her to join me on this journey too. Our sons similar ages it would be nice to have a bump buddy lol. One of my friends said something very offhand about how her past decision's had left her in this position and that's why I was pregnant but she wasn't and I wanted to slap her. But it wasn't my battle but I felt so bad afterwards x it's true everyone fusses over the baby/pregnant person whilst the one ttc is sometimes most in need of a hug and a pick me up. As people in here and me and you know well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back