TTC, EBF, ovulation and periods

kumber

Reaction score
I'm so excited as I'm moving in here! We officially start ttc this weekend!!

Following up on my other thread, I know you can catch when ebf but can you ovulate and not get periods when ebf? As in, does the ebf stop the period and not the ovulation? Does that make sense? Sorry, I know this sounds like a ridiculously stupid question. I'm so confused as I've never been in this position before.

I'm going to get opks to help with all of this but some experience would be great

When I was ttc'ing my second my periods had just come back.but my cycles were all over the place. I tried opks but I'm not a fan of them at all, they were so stressful and confusing and the month I fell pregnant they were all coming up as negative. I did download Fertility Friend app as someone on here recommended it and it was brilliant at helping me see where I was with my cycle. So if opks don't work for you then I would suggest getting that app. Good luck!x

Thanks Goat, that's really helpful!

Hi Kimber - from what I have read, breastfeeding is responsible for preventing ovulation which in turn stops your period coming as its the fact your egg doesn't fertilise & imbed in your uterus that triggers the lining to shed as your period. So it's very unlikely you would ovulate and not have a period - I think it can happen in very rare cases, but for the vast majority of healthy women, if they ovulate they willl get a period afterwards.

I have a regular cycle and find opks really useful, so I think it might depend how regular you are as to whether you get on with them. Getting an app is also a good suggestion - I use Ovia but have also used Fertility Friend in the past.

Thanks Birdie. I did think it was pretty impossible, I only asked cus I could have sworn I felt an egg ping but I've had no period so I was so confused! I bought some opks yesterday, £8 for 5!! Seems so expensive to me, this a normal price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back