TTC after MMC - How long?

SesameSeed

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a MMC on 15.11.18 at 11w6d and whilst my body feels bruised my mind feels empty. All I can do right now is hold onto the hope that we will get pregnant again.

With our DS it took 18 months to fall pregnant and this time round we were in complete shock as we got our BFP in cycle 4. We were absolutely over the moon because in a perfect work everything was falling into place and timing wise it couldn’t have got any better. Our little boy would be turning 3 shortly after the new baby would’ve been born and all our birthday would’ve been around a similar time (may/June/July) which we really liked the idea of, plus the bonus of summer mat leave.

However, Thursday absolutely devastated us, and all those things seem ridiculous and irrelevant now and I almost feel guilty for thinking in that way previously.

I am just so scared now that TTC again will be a long tough journey and I’m interested to hear whether people have fallen pregnant fairly quickly after MC or whether the struggle started all over again?

Xx

Firstly I'm so sorry for your loss! It's such a hard time but it does get easier.
Our first was unexpected, that was the one we lost at 12w, we were desperate to fall pregnant again and we did everything we could ttc for 12 months afterwards. We were told to wait one cycle before trying again so the body could heal and get back to normal again ready to carry another baby.
We had no luck at all other than I think a chemical around 8months in. It was exhausting so we decided to take a break from ttc to get married so we started using protection again.
We had just one random night of fun leading up to the wedding and after joking that it was around 'that time' and I better not be pregnant and not fit in my dress etc, it turned out we conceived just from that one time and found out 4 weeks before we wed lol! We couldn't believe it. I honestly think that with both times being 'accidents' it was because we weren't pressuring ourselves that we managed to conceive.
We now have our amazing almost 8month old :)
Start trying whenever you are ready after your first period, and don't pressure yourselves too much, as hard as that can be.
Good luck!!

I am so sorry for your loss. It’s an incredibly painful time. It does get better. I have days where i’m fine and others not.
We Were told to wait until after first period. We are through that and trying ourselves now this month.
We felt ready (me as I felt empty and missing something ) but the time we waited I think helped. You can start form the time yous stop bleeding but I believe it’s best to wait for period for dating purposes. It makes it easier.
When you feel ready than try. Obviously your doctor is a great source of advice as i’m not sure if you have been discharged etc. But wishing you lots of luck. Xx

I miscarried at 12+1, had one cycle then fell pregnant again the next cycle. Currently 22+4 and all going well. Hopefully your journey will be just as smooth x

Thank you everyone.

MissK I think you’re absolutely right about the pressure! Congratulations on your wedding and your 8month old rainbow xx

Lollipop I am so sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck on your tycoon journey.

Akua I am also very sorry for your loss but also so happy for your current pregnancy. Your journey gives me great hope and I am hoping and praying for a smooth ride. I feel too exhausted for a rocky road.

Xxx

Hi I'm so sorry for your loss.
I also lost my daughter on 28th sept 2018. I have since had 1 cycle and now we have decided to try again right away because I do have that empty feeling. I have never been in this position before and also don't know what to expect. Managed to get pregnant 1st try with my 3 children x

I’m so sorry about your loss Lynsey. It’s just heartbreaking!

But wishing you lots of luck with your TTC journey and fingers crossed it happens soon for ya both! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back