ttc after mirena

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by sunshine75, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sunshine75

sunshine75 Member

Hello there

I'd like to ask if there are any ladies who have been or hope to ttc after having a mirena IUD removed and if so, how long you waited after removal before ttc? I'm wondering if there is a recommended number of cycles you should wait?

Many thanks

2. nbrintz

nbrintz Well-Known Member

Hi Hun I had my mirena removed on the 19th dec 2012,and conceived around 7-10th feb I'm 20+ 3 today good luck x

3. Mrspage2b

Mrspage2b Well-Known Member

had mine removed in april started ttc right away im on my 2nd cycle but ive had the marina removed b4 for last baby and took 3 months to fall my sister fell right away never had a period

4. Lolly85x

Lolly85x Well-Known Member

I got told it was better to have 1 cycle after Mirena removal, just to make the lining of your womb thicken up to normal again. But it's okay to start TTC straight away as fertility returns to normal :) xx

5. sunshine75

sunshine75 Member

Thanks for your replies. I asked my Dr too this week and she said there was no medial reason why not to TTC straight away although I've decided to wait one cycle to be on the safe side.