TTC after mc

Daley

Reaction score
Hi girls, just wanted to know your opinions on TTC after miscarriage.

I recently lost my baby at 7 weeks and was advised to wait 3 months before TTC again. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet but one option was to ntnp and let nature take its course.

Just wondered if I caught again straight away would I be at an increased risk of mc again. So was just after some opinions x

Given that your mc was natural, I don't see why they've said 3 months. There was some research done on this that suggested your no more likely to mc if you try again straight away: http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

The only times i have waited are after being given methotrexate last year, and after my last mc and that was cos my head space needed a break from ttc (I went back on the pill for a few months).

Thanks for your answer and the link x

I was told after both my mc that there's no harm in trying straight away if I felt ready. I think giving yourself a few months of ntnp might be better than going in all guns blazing with temps and opks doing this stressed me out because it didn't happen straight away and I felt I was doing all I could.

Things tend to happen faster when your relaxed and not obsessing.

This was just my experience hope your doing ok it does get easier I wish you lots of baby dust.

Good luck xxx

I think that is going to be my plan for now xxx

Hello...i just lost my pregnancy at 6 weeks and the nurse has said to wait until after i get my first period back.

i'm tempted to 'try' but 'not try' if you know what i mean..a little like 'what will be, will be'...but also scared of another Mc.

My good friend lost at 7 weeks and fell again a week after that....everything is going smoothly so it does happen :D

FX for us xx

If you feel ready to ttc I would definitely ttc without waiting. I know a few people who got pregnant straight after a miscarriage and went on to have healthy children. I decided ttc straight after my miscarriage in January x

My nan (may she RIP), had a MC and 2 weeks later she fell pregnant and gave birth to my eldest uncle.

With mine, I waited a 2 months (Only because I was going to a theme park and it wasn't worth the risk (usually you're good to start again after your first period)). Didn't have the same luck as my nan though. I never stopped with my folic acid and vitamins though.

Hopefully we'll both get our rainbows soon!

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they told you to wait 3 months, i know ladies who got pregnant first ov after miscarriage and they're doing ok.

I had a mmc in feb, waited for my period then got pregnant and had a chemical and then had another period and am pregnant again. I don't think the time frame matters for your body, if you feel in your mind that you are ready, i dont see any reason to wait xxx

I am an unfortunate example. I had a loss at 5w in September 2011, got another BFP straight away and that ended in my 3rd miscarriage @ 6w in early Nov 2011.

With hindsight I do wish I'd waited a cycle or two, I doubt it would have made a difference but for me it was just a headfcuk to have losses so close together.

I am huge believer it 'what will be will be' but I can't see any harm in waiting say one cycle???

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back