TTC after mc

Daley

Reaction score
Just wanted to know, if I decided to try again straight away, would I be at an increased risk of mc again. Still not decided what I'm going to do, I think I'd like to ntnp for a while until ready to TTC properly but worried if I caught again straight away (which I would be happy with) if I would be at a higher risk. I know it's harder to date that way.

Need your opinions girls x

hey hun, I tried straight away after my 1st mc, fell pregnant without even having a period but unfortunately that ended in my 2nd mc, really not sure if was just coincidence or had a affect, so don't know what to say, just go with what feels right I suppose, it took me 3 months to conceive after 2nd mc and although was extremely hard I think it done my body good. Good luck either way hun

I had a chemical pregnancy after my mmc in July 2012. I caught the cycle after the chemical and have birth to my little Ruby last week. So second cycle after mmc was when I fell pregnant. Do what u feel is right hun x

I had a chemical then a period then fell pregnant the month after - im due in less then 4 weeks - each person is different. A lot of people seem to fall pregnant straight away and go full term.

Good luck hun xxx

None can say what's right and what's wrong some say ur more fertile wile some say that's a myth u have to do what feels right fir u Daley I for one needed to try again right away for my own sanity it was needed to help me heal if that makes sense xxx

None can say what's right and what's wrong some say ur more fertile wile some say that's a myth u have to do what feels right fir u Daley I for one needed to try again right away for my own sanity it was needed to help me heal if that makes sense xxx

That's how I'm feeling but not sure oh agrees x

Hi Daley, I also had a chemical straight after my MC. I read a lot about it at the time and I couldn't find anything to say it was related, if anything you're meant to be more fertile after a mc.
Good luck with whatever you choose, remember that everyone is different so do only what works for you and your OH xx

i fell pregnant a week after my mc. I do believe we are a lot more fertile after labour and mc as it took me 3 years originally to get my first child... I then fell pregnant when my son wad 6 months but had a mc, am now 12 weeks pregnant. It all depends on if you feel ready x

Daley just had to drop on and say how truly sorry I am for your loss and if you feel up to it then u shud Ttc straight away, but only if u feel ready to

My GP said that your more fertile after a mc, and I think for every woman that mc again if they fall straight away, there will be plenty who have successful pregnancies straight away.
Do what you feel is right for both of you xx

Thanks girls, I think we're going to ntnp this month. Then see how we feel.

Hey Daley,

How you been feeling? I've just had second confirmation that my baby has no heartbeat at 8+2. Devastated but what can you do?! Feel like this pregnancy has been jinxed from the start. I'm choosing to have a D&C rightly or wrongly because I can't face the wait for nature to take its course and tbh I'm desperate to try again. The doc said today we should wait till I've had a proper period first but have read on here so much that you're more fertile and no reason not to try straight away.

Such a crappy time :(

Xxx

Oh Hun, really sorry to hear that. Can't believe out of the 4 of us, three of us are back here. I thought the odds were meant to be 1 in 4.

Thinking of you Hun and here if you want to talk. Think I'd of opted for the d&c too if I had been given the choice. We'll get our sticky beans soon I'm sure.

Hey Daley,

How you been feeling? I've just had second confirmation that my baby has no heartbeat at 8+2. Devastated but what can you do?! Feel like this pregnancy has been jinxed from the start. I'm choosing to have a D&C rightly or wrongly because I can't face the wait for nature to take its course and tbh I'm desperate to try again. The doc said today we should wait till I've had a proper period first but have read on here so much that you're more fertile and no reason not to try straight away.

Such a crappy time :(

Xxx

So sorry hun. The reason they say that is so that they can date your pregnancy. I doesn't do any harm to try again straight away xx

I know we've been the worst bump buddies ever!!!

Has your bleeding stopped now? I'm still getting morning sickness which is horrendous, I just wish it was all over I hate feeling in limbo xxx

I'm really for your loss. I waited one cycle after MC to try again but that was only because hubby was away. I caught first time but had another MC. Waited one cycle again then caught again first time and now I'm over 22 weeks. I think it depends how you feel emotionally. People wanted me to wait after the 2nd one to get the tests done as I was being referred to the RMC but I knew I could cope if it happened again and it felt more positive to focus on TTC again. Do whatever feels right for you and I wish the best of luck next time xx

I know we've been the worst bump buddies ever!!!

Has your bleeding stopped now? I'm still getting morning sickness which is horrendous, I just wish it was all over I hate feeling in limbo xxx

The bleeding stopped earlier in the week. Had loads of headaches this week but gathered that was due to the sun and the hormones crashing.

Hope you begin to feel better soon, it's tough but we can get through it together x

We starting trying straight away after our MMC and d&c. They say no sex in first 14 days (which we didn't but I bled for 2 weeks anyway).

Do what feels right x

I tried straight away last month I had a piss chem as got a bfp then a bfn the day after on a digi this month I've got my bfp and the lines are darker already than when I was further gone on my first pg so I'm trying to stay positive thus month I've tried to be really relaxed and told my self I wasn't bothered either way as I'm going on hol in 3 weeks! Good luck hunny xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back